• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Family walking

angeliki louk

Time of past OR future Camino
July 2014 camino Frances.
June 2015 Camino north
Camino primitivo
Hallo!!!
So me and my husband that met two years ago on the north way and now we have our 5 month Santiago with us want to walk the last 5 days of the portugese way at the end of May and I wanted to ask first of all about the weather at that time and second of all about the albergues at that area,we will only do 5 days the last 120k to Santiago since the baby will be 9 months and we will be carrying him. For me is very important to take my baby to Santiago.....,Santiago was the reason that now I am holding this baby and for me this is my thank you to him,to walk there with my baby even for 5 days!!! And in the future we will do the whole way when Santiago is able to walk and enjoy more the way!!!!!
Buen camino to everyone!!!!!!!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
On my first Camino I walked with a young couple and their 8 momth old. It was a perfect age because he was still nursing (no extra food or bottles to carry for him) and he did not want to walk yet. He was either carried or pushed in a jogging pram. When carried, the backpacks would go into the pram. He was a very happy baby.

Slept in albergues, even in the huge stone one in Roncesvalles. In small villages, the family was sometimes offered to sleep in the sports hall. The baby had his own tiny tent so that he would also go to sleep in the same environment.

Happy haapy baby. Have a wonderful time.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hallo!!!
So me and my husband that met two years ago on the north way and now we have our 5 month Santiago with us want to walk the last 5 days of the portugese way at the end of May and I wanted to ask first of all about the weather at that time and second of all about the albergues at that area,we will only do 5 days the last 120k to Santiago since the baby will be 9 months and we will be carrying him. For me is very important to take my baby to Santiago.....,Santiago was the reason that now I am holding this baby and for me this is my thank you to him,to walk there with my baby even for 5 days!!! And in the future we will do the whole way when Santiago is able to walk and enjoy more the way!!!!!
Buen camino to everyone!!!!!!!

if i'm right you'll be starting in tui and you'll only be walking in spain, which is great too! lots of albergues and several larger towns with lots of other accommodation options as well.

be ready for rain and sun and everything in-between. should not be cold though, perhaps chilly in teh mornings.

congratulations and Buen Camino!

I think that with a baby you would be better off staying in pensiones or hostales in private rooms.
Yes of course where we are going to stay each time depends on many things...and since we have options that's perfect... :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
On my first Camino I walked with a young couple and their 8 momth old. It was a perfect age because he was still nursing (no extra food or bottles to carry for him) and he did not want to walk yet. He was either carried or pushed in a jogging pram. When carried, the backpacks would go into the pram. He was a very happy baby.

Slept in albergues, even in the huge stone one in Roncesvalles. In small villages, the family was sometimes offered to sleep in the sports hall. The baby had his own tiny tent so that he would also go to sleep in the same environment.

Happy haapy baby. Have a wonderful time.
Nice to hear that!!!! Can't wait to walk with my baby and reach once again Santiago!!!!
Thank you!!!

Santiago is one lucky child!
Albergue Ninho in Rubiaes is very welcoming.
They have a small room with two bunkbeds...you could always ask if that one is available.
Thank you!!!!!! :)

Thank you so much all for your replies!!! You put a smile on my face and now I am even more excited to be back on the way with my baby this time!!!!
Buen camino!!!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
if i'm right you'll be starting in tui and you'll only be walking in spain, which is great too! lots of albergues and several larger towns with lots of other accommodation options as well.

be ready for rain and sun and everything in-between. should not be cold though, perhaps chilly in teh mornings.

congratulations and Buen Camino!
Yes we will start one stage before tui ..
I am just thinking what can we use for the rain to cover the baby while walking?....because we won't take a stroller with us it's not convenient walking with a stroller...,and it's only a five day walk so we will manage to wear him with a carrier :)
In general we will take it slow we won't be in a hurry so no need to leave very early in the morning!

Our backpack baby carrier had a rain cover that looked like half an umbrella, made of clear plastic. Check the manufacturer's website?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Congratulations on your marriage and new baby :) I wonder, do they have wickng and fast drying clothes for babies? Have a wonderful adventure with your husband and Santiago! Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Arriving in Valença around noon and I need to get to my hostel in Tui. I would like to conserve my energy and time, so can I take a taxi from Valença Bus station to take me to my hostel in Tui...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back