• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Fantastic Albergue Monte Aro in Lago

tangata hikoi

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy to Pamploma (April/May 2014)
VDLP March 2019 Sanabres April 2019
Finisterre/Muxia April 2019
Am on the Finisterre - Muxia route at the moment having just finished 6 weeks on the VLDP and Sanabres.
Thought it worth a shout out regarding this Albergue. It's FANTASTIC. The best I've experienced so far in more than 6 weeks walking. Quite new, opened last year I think.
The dormitory is large but has everything you need (locker, light, electric socket) and the layout is good. I have fresh white cotton sheets and no need to use my sleeping bag. The showers etc are great. There is a washer/dryer and a simple kitchen area with microwave.
They also have a cafe/bar next door and am enjoying a very pleasant vegetarian meal. I'm not vegetarian but like lots of vegetables which have been quite a rare commodity since I started walking.
The host is super brilliant.. just can't speak highly enough of the whole experience.
Cost $12 for bed and $12 for menu de Dia. Good value for excellence I think.
Lago is 27kms from Negreira so a good distance and shorter than going all the way to Olviera - which just felt too far today!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
[QUOTE = "tangata hikoi, post: 731517, membre: 31165"]
Finisterre - Muxia, qui vient de terminer 6 semaines sur le VLDP et Sanabres.
Je pensais que ça valait le coup de dire quelque chose à propos de cette Albergue. C'est fantastique. Le meilleur que j'ai connu jusqu'à présent en plus de 6 semaines de marche. Tout nouveau, ouvert l'année dernière je pense.
Le dortoir est grand mais tout ce dont vous avez besoin (casier, lumière, prise électrique) et la disposition est bonne. J'ai des draps de coton blanc et je n'ai pas besoin d'utiliser mon sac de couchage. Les douches etc. sont super. Il y a une laveuse / sécheuse et un coin cuisine simple avec micro-ondes.
Ils ont également un café / bar à côté et je suis en train de profiter d'un très agréable repas végétarien. Je ne suis pas végétarien, mais j'aime beaucoup de légumes qui sont un produit assez rare depuis que je marche.
L'hôte est super génial ... je ne peux pas parler assez de toute l'expérience.
Coût 12 $ pour le lit et 12 $ pour le menu de Dia. Bonne valeur pour l'excellence je pense.
Le lac est à 27 km de Negreira, donc une bonne distance et plus que celle d'Olviera - ce qui me paraissait bien trop loin aujourd'hui!
[/CITATION]
Un séjour sans faille
Un séjour sans failleBonjour, je veux marcher le chemin de Muxia à Fistera, je ne vois pas le village de LAGO sur ce chemin ... Je voudrais m'arrêter une nuit entre Muxia et Fistera .. Pouvez-vous me donner ces informations sur l'hébergement? Je vous remercie

Hello, I want to walk the path from Muxia to Fistera, I do not see the village of LAGO on this path ... I would like to stop one night between Muxia and Fistera .. Can you give me this information about accommodation .? Thank you
Am on the Finisterre - Muxia route at the moment having just finished 6 weeks on the VLDP and Sanabres.
Thought it worth a shout out regarding this Albergue. It's FANTASTIC. The best I've experienced so far in more than 6 weeks walking. Quite new, opened last year I think.
The dormitory is large but has everything you need (locker, light, electric socket) and the layout is good. I have fresh white cotton sheets and no need to use my sleeping bag. The showers etc are great. There is a washer/dryer and a simple kitchen area with microwave.
They also have a cafe/bar next door and am enjoying a very pleasant vegetarian meal. I'm not vegetarian but like lots of vegetables which have been quite a rare commodity since I started walking.
The host is super brilliant.. just can't speak highly enough of the whole experience.
Cost $12 for bed and $12 for menu de Dia. Good value for excellence I think.
Lago is 27kms from Negreira so a good distance and shorter than going all the way to Olviera - which just felt too far today!

Hello, I want to walk the path from Muxia to Fistera, I do not see the village of LAGO on this path ... I would like to stop one night between Muxia and Fistera .. Can you give me this information about accommodation .? Thank you
Dominique

Dominique

Hi, Domidon,
Lago is not on the path between Muxia and Fisterra. It is on the route from Santiago before the split for Fisterra or Muxia. Lago is about 7 km before Olveiroa. I think that if you want to break up the stage from Muxia and Fisterra, Lires is your best bet. Buen camino, Laurie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Dominique
Hi Dominique
Lago is on the route to Finisterre (it is not between Finisterre and Muxia). It's about 27 Kms from Negreira. I decided to stay there rather than walk further to Olveida. People who walk from Santiago to Finisterre and want to do the route in 3 days would walk further than Lago but I walked to Finisterre in 4 days - a bit more spacious and for me pleasant. Lago is a very small village with the Albergue and another bar also.

Walking between Muxia and Finisterre you can stay in Lires which is about half way. I did do this as I am wanting to slow down and walk shorter days (after some long days in the last couple of months). Lires has an Albergue which is comfortable and pleasant but Monte Aro was fantastic in every way...a lot of care taken which is such a lovely experience as a pilgrim.
Megg

Thank you for your answer. An Albergue in Lires? The website Gronze don't mention it. Have you some information about it?
Greetings
Dominique

Thank you for your answer. An Albergue in Lires? The website Gronze don't mention it. Have you some information about it?
Greetings
Dominique
Using Google maps type in 'Albergue Lires' and it should show up. Is newish but not totally new. Has bar/restaurant attached and hotel as well as Albergue I think

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Greetings
Dominique
This is what I have:
Lires (T, B, R)
A (22pl, PRIV, »As Eiras«, Lires 82,
reservas.aseiras@hotmail.es, www.ruralaseiras.com, 981-748-180 or 662-261-818, FR, TR, WF) 12€

Don't remember which number I called (probably the first one) but it was working.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you very much
👍😊

Hi Dominique
Lago is on the route to Finisterre (it is not between Finisterre and Muxia). It's about 27 Kms from Negreira. I decided to stay there rather than walk further to Olveida. People who walk from Santiago to Finisterre and want to do the route in 3 days would walk further than Lago but I walked to Finisterre in 4 days - a bit more spacious and for me pleasant. Lago is a very small village with the Albergue and another bar also.

Walking between Muxia and Finisterre you can stay in Lires which is about half way. I did do this as I am wanting to slow down and walk shorter days (after some long days in the last couple of months). Lires has an Albergue which is comfortable and pleasant but Monte Aro was fantastic in every way...a lot of care taken which is such a lovely experience as a pilgrim.
Megg
I am planning on walking Finisterre-Muxia where/what is Monte Aro you wrote about? TY

I am planning on walking Finisterre-Muxia where/what is Monte Aro you wrote about? TY
As mentioned earlier, it's about 27 Kms from Negreira in a little village called Lago. Also able to be located on Google Maps by typing in Albergue Monte Aro Lago. Will give you exact location.
Megg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
As mentioned earlier, it's about 27 Kms from Negreira in a little village called Lago. Also able to be located on Google Maps by typing in Albergue Monte Aro Lago. Will give you exact location.
Megg
Duh! Title to your post said it all😜 thats great I plan on 4 days to Finisterre so perfect stop for me. Where did you stay the next night? Cee? Thanks

Duh! Title to your post said it all😜 thats great I plan on 4 days to Finisterre so perfect stop for me. Thanks
Highly recommend, you'll love it...think 4 days is much better than 3 if you have the time.
Buen Camino
Megg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This looks like a great option.
On the albergue website they recommend these four stages

View attachment 55627

Good stages but as another option instead of Cee go a few more Kms to the Albergue San Roque. It's not far from Cee and is open all year and donativo. I stayed there and the Hospitelarios had come for 2 weeks from somewhere near Valencia. They cooked me a lovely meal and took me out to see the sunset. Recommend it!
Megg

Good stages but as another option instead of Cee go a few more Kms to the Albergue San Roque. It's not far from Cee and is open all year and donativo. I stayed there and the Hospitelarios had come for 2 weeks from somewhere near Valencia. They cooked me a lovely meal and took me out to see the sunset. Recommend it!
Megg
Sounds good!

This looks like a great option.
On the albergue website they recommend these four stages

View attachment 55627

I really like these stages, after Finisterre I’m walking to Muxia stopping in Lires do you have a similar 4day breakdown from Muxia to Santiago? Thanks

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I really like these stages, after Finisterre I’m walking to Muxia stopping in Lires do you have a similar 4day breakdown from Muxia to Santiago? Thanks
I walked from Santiago to Muxia a couple of years ago with these stages, which you could reverse

Santiago - Negreira 20.47 km
Negreira - Santa Mariña 21.28 km
Santa Mariña - Dumbria 22.43 km (the municipal alberge in Dumbria is not to be missed!)
Dumbria - Muxia 22.04 km

I then walked to Lires and on to Finisterre

I walked from Santiago to Muxia a couple of years ago with these stages, which you could reverse

Santiago - Negreira 20.47 km
Negreira - Santa Mariña 21.28 km
Santa Mariña - Dumbria 22.43 km (the municipal alberge in Dumbria is not to be missed!)
Dumbria - Muxia 22.04 km

I then walked to Lires and on to Finisterre
Easy peasy i could do your stages in reverse! Thanks😊

Easy peasy i could do your stages in reverse! Thanks😊

Trecile's stages are the best way
AND
The most enjoyable 100km "TO" SDC is exactly as you said , walking back there.
You are alone , in the country lanes and not on roads etc from Sarria.
AND
You will qualify for another bit of paper.
There are some GEMS in accommodation.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm hoping to walk Santiago - Finisterre - Muxia - Santiago this fall after Porto - Santiago. But I may need to shorten this last bit by 3 or 4 days. So I am thinking about eliminating the walk between Santiago and Finisterre or Santiago and Muxia and busing the eliminated section instead. I like the 4 day routes that Trecile suggests for either of the long legs above and I think I'd also stop in Lires between Muxia and Finisterre. The questions is: if you had to eliminate one of the 4 day legs of the trip; Santiago - Finisterre or Muxia - Santiago and replace it with a bus ride, which one would you sacrifice? And, is there a preferred direction to walk. Example: if you say eliminate the Muxia - Santiago leg, would you then recommend I bus to Muxia and walk to Finisterre and then to Santiago or I walk from Santiago to Finisterre to Muxia and then take the bus to Santiago?

If you had 9 days to do the full route is there a preference for the direction you walk the loop?

I realize busing to or from Finisterre is easier but I'm mostly interested in deciding on a route based on beauty and the experience and not the convenience of the bus schedule. After the CF last year, I took an all day bus tour from Santiago that went to Muxia and Finisterre plus a few other stops and it was well worth the $35. It will be fun to walk it this year.

Muxia to Finisterre is a desirable and beautiful 2 days .
I think these sections you wish to cut out leave certain sections on the Portuguese for dead.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back