A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Fantastic new gites on Le Puy route

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF Austria Czech Le Puy Geneva RLS V. Jacobi V. Regia V. Baltica/Scandinavica Porto Muxia
Just on the Le Puy Route and stumbled across 2 new gites, one is at the entry of Espalais just before Auvillar, it is a donativo place, run by a swiss guy called Vincent, Gite Le Par Chemin ph 05 63 94 73 78, beautiful old building, restored, quite Zen, beautiful dorm plus double rooms, huge outdoor verandah spaces, the other gite is in Miradoux, called Bonte Divine ph 05 62 68 30 80 run by Stephane and his wife Nathalie, young couple, superb restauration of old building and spectacular garden, dorm, wonderful food and really lovely accueil, 30 Euro demipension. We had forgotten something at the gite and suddenly while we were walking along about 4 km on there was a big envelope with our names on it, it contained the forogtten item and 2 muesli bars and a nice message from Stephane and Nathalie...

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Figeac(2012)
Rocamadour to Condom(2013)
Cluny to Le Puy (partially)(2014)
Mont St Michel to Nantes(2016)
Hi Gitti, due to your post I stayed with Stephane and Natalie in Miradoux at Bonte Divine and it was one of my highlights! They have a baby girl called Brunehout now, only one week old when I stayed there on 1 July this year. It was a classic evening with granddad visiting and he kept pouring the most divine French champagne to celebrate the birth of his granddaughter. I was the only pilgrim that night and they really spoiled me... Dolfina

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
Complet when I went through (one of the many French holiday weekends in May), but here is their website. We ended up in a private home, actually the home next door, so we had the place to ourselves! Dinner was in the main house, and was excellent French cuisine. Anyway, Bonte Divine:

http://www.bontedivine.net/

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF Austria Czech Le Puy Geneva RLS V. Jacobi V. Regia V. Baltica/Scandinavica Porto Muxia
Hi Gitti, due to your post I stayed with Stephane and Natalie in Miradoux at Bonte Divine and it was one of my highlights! They have a baby girl called Brunehout now, only one week old when I stayed there on 1 July this year. It was a classic evening with granddad visiting and he kept pouring the most divine French champagne to celebrate the birth of his granddaughter. I was the only pilgrim that night and they really spoiled me... Dolfina
Hi Dolfina, what nice news, Stephanie and Natalie are so amazing, how sweet to hear they have had a little girl, Gitti

Advertisment

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I think they speak some english...can't remember, sorry, Gitti

dalston999

Camino(s) past & future
Walked Le Puy/Santiago/Fisterra/Murxia Sept/Oct 2012, Portugues march 2013, Arles April 2013
Not much English as I remember, but a lovely 'boutique' style albergue with a delightful garden to relax in. Have the half board and enjoy the local Pousse Rapier!

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Figeac(2012)
Rocamadour to Condom(2013)
Cluny to Le Puy (partially)(2014)
Mont St Michel to Nantes(2016)
Stephane does speak English, although not that well, but good enough to communicate. Natalie a little bit less, but also so willing to communicate. But Bonte Divine is divine and I would highly recommend you to stay there and do the demi-pension option. Dolfina

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 68 16.8%
  • May

Votes: 108 26.7%
  • June