• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Farewell dinner

Rob the Slob

A slob
Time of past OR future Camino
Madrid to Santiago (May 2016)
A fortnight from today my wife and I will fly to Madrid for a few days together before she flies home and I start walking. She wants to see me off with a nice fancy dinner on the last evening, but we're having some difficulty deciding where to go.

So can anyone recommend somewhere nice? We're staying in the Wellington just north of the Retiro, but we're quite happy to get a cab if the restaurant is beyond easy walking distance.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Rob, such a question for such a city. What do you like to eat? Are you a wine drinker or fonder of a few beers?

I'll offer one place. Fabulous fresh seafood and fish. A wine list designed to compliment. And pricing to reflect the quality rather than the fame of the chef.

http://www.lacasagallega.com/nuestro-restaurante/?lang=en

Oh, and the foods much better than the website ;)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Rob, such a question for such a city. What do you like to eat? Are you a wine drinker or fonder of a few beers?

I'll offer one place. Fabulous fresh seafood and fish. A wine list designed to compliment. And pricing to reflect the quality rather than the fame of the chef.

http://www.lacasagallega.com/nuestro-restaurante/?lang=en

Oh, and the foods much better than the website ;)

My favorite text of their website:

Among their messes, odors speak for themselves and for their parade corridors trays barnacles, clams, crabs, pork with turnip tops, among other delicacies of the house, all carefully cooked by the chef Francisco Pereira Blanco.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Try the Riveira de Mino, Calle de Sta Brigida (off Calle de Fuencarral which in turn is off Calle Gran Via).
Excellent seafood and extremely popular amongst Madrid locals. Picture below (after we had demolished some of it!)
12373152_812226925589275_8901923969407821880_n.jpg

Try the Riveira de Mino, Calle de Sta Brigida (off Calle de Fuencarral which in turn is off Calle Gran Via).
Excellent seafood and extremely popular amongst Madrid locals. Picture below (after we had demolished some of it!)
12373152_812226925589275_8901923969407821880_n.jpg

After you had demolished some of it?! You mean there was chorizo on top before you started. I would certainly settle for this as my (very) final meal

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone -- well, except Introibo's. :) In the end, having considered various options (and the fact that the wife insist's on paying), I've booked a table at Albora.

(Some of the restaurants were fully booked until the end of July...)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back