• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Fatima certificate???

F

Former member 88968

Wildfires permitting, we leave Lisbon on August 9 and our intention is to walk to Fatima, then across to Tomar, thus rejoining the Camino and walking on through Porto and taking the coastal and perhaps Espiritual routes to Santiago.

My question is this... in Fatima is there a certificate of completion available, similar to a Compostela? If so, where would we get that? Cathedral? tourist office? Elsewhere?

Thanks

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Wildfires permitting, we leave Lisbon on August 9 and our intention is to walk to Fatima, then across to Tomar, thus rejoining the Camino and walking on through Porto and taking the coastal and perhaps Espiritual routes to Santiago.

My question is this... in Fatima is there a certificate of completion available, similar to a Compostela? If so, where would we get that? Cathedral? tourist office? Elsewhere?

Thanks
Check out this post re the certificate named Peregrinatio. See also www.caminho.com.pt

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The Associação de Amigos dos Caminhos de Fátima has stopped supporting pilgrims on going to Fatima. The contact form on the web page is still active, but I don't know if using it will get a response. I didn't expect to get a Peregrinatio, so didn't pursue it when I arrived in Fatima. I would be interested to know if there is a response if someone does try to contact them.

Thanks
Buen Camino. I may try something nutty this camino. I will walk on the Aragones to Logrono and then I am seriously considering going to Lisbon and walking the CP again. This time going to Fatima also and then taking the Coastal route. It will be November but let's just see!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Thanks
I am walking the same route end of august. So far there is no certicate, however there is a Caminho de Fatima credential. Collecting stampt as proof of your pelgrimage to Fatima ;-)

You order one here:
CENTRO NACIONAL DE CULTURA
Rua António Maria Cardoso, 68
1249-101 Lisboa – Portugal
Tel. (+351) 213 466 722
info@cnc.pt
www.cnc.pt www.e-cultura.pt

There is also no merchandise like buttons, so I created my own Caminho de Fatima button for my backpack.

Bon Caminho!

I am walking the same route end of august. So far there is no certicate, however there is a Caminho de Fatima credential. Collecting stampt as proof of your pelgrimage to Fatima ;-)

You order one here:
Tel. (+351) 213 466 722
info@cnc.pt

There is also no merchandise like buttons, so I created my own Caminho de Fatima button for my backpack.

Bon Caminho!
Yes, that's right! We originally planned this for 2020 so I bought credentials from the associao way back then! We will be using those until we get to Tomar, after Fatima, then we will change to the "usual" credentials.

Yes, that's right! We originally planned this for 2020 so I bought credentials from the associao way back then! We will be using those until we get to Tomar, after Fatima, then we will change to the "usual" credentials.

Great! By the way, I will use both credentials straight from the beginning so that the Camino to Santiago also begins in Lissabon and not just from Tomar.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Great! By the way, I will use both credentials straight from the beginning so that the Camino to Santiago also begins in Lissabon and not just from Tomar.
I recently completed the Caminho do Tejo and Camino Portuguese starting in Tomar. The Pilgrim Office in Santiago recognized the credential I used for the Caminho do Tejo for both the Compostela and distance certificate to Santiago. I didn't need to have two 'parallel' credentials.

Buen Camino. I may try something nutty this camino. I will walk on the Aragones to Logrono and then I am seriously considering going to Lisbon and walking the CP again. This time going to Fatima also and then taking the Coastal route. It will be November but let's just see!
We walked from Lourdes to Logrono, then walked from there on the Camino Ignaciano (the reverse direction of the Camino Barcelona) to Montserrat. A long camino, with everyone waving at you on the second part saying "You're going the wrong way." If you like Rioja, it's mile after mile from Logrono through vineyards, pear orchards and almond trees. Zaragosa, which was for more than two hundred years, a more popular endpoint than Santiago because of the Virgen del Pilar, was truly unforgettable.

We start this year from Santorem, walking to Fatima, then connecting to the central camino with all kinds of variations till we reach Muxia. We love "camino combos."

You order one here:
Tel. (+351) 213 466 722
info@cnc.pt

Bon Caminho!
Did you post the photo of your button creation? I don't seem to see it

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Luckily, you can get the shirt - the opposite colours of the one in Santiago with Fatima in small letters.

Attachments

• 461A53DB-AF5C-4B0E-A54D-72F10968E45F_1_201_a.jpeg
    461A53DB-AF5C-4B0E-A54D-72F10968E45F_1_201_a.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 30
We walked from Lourdes to Logrono, then walked from there on the Camino Ignaciano (the reverse direction of the Camino Barcelona) to Montserrat. A long camino, with everyone waving at you on the second part saying "You're going the wrong way." If you like Rioja, it's mile after mile from Logrono through vineyards, pear orchards and almond trees. Zaragosa, which was for more than two hundred years, a more popular endpoint than Santiago because of the Virgen del Pilar, was truly unforgettable.

We start this year from Santorem, walking to Fatima, then connecting to the central camino with all kinds of variations till we reach Muxia. We love "camino combos."
If I end up going to Lisbon to do the CP again after I finish the Aragones I will definitely walk to Fatima and do the Espiritual Variante.

You order one here:
Tel. (+351) 213 466 722
info@cnc.pt

Bon Caminho!
If you’re walking from the North as I did last month you can also pick up an official Fatima credential at the cathedral in Porto.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.