Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Favorite albergues on the Primitivo?

focalmatter

I can't find a recent thread on the subject, and considering everything I figure we could use a new one.

I just spent the night at Fontenonaya and it was an absolutely wonderful Albergue experience. A privado, it's simple but super cozy and warm both figuratively and literally. Nicolas the hospitalero is wonderful, and it was a great night of communal dinner and music and laughter and fun.

I want more of this and less of "really fancy/modern but basically just a dorm" type albergues. What are some of your favorite stops on the Primitivo?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I can't find a recent thread on the subject, and considering everything I figure we could use a new one.

I just spent the night at Fontenonaya and it was an absolutely wonderful Albergue experience. A privado, it's simple but super cozy and warm both figuratively and literally. Nicolas the hospitalero is wonderful, and it was a great night of communal dinner and music and laughter and fun.

I want more of this and less of "really fancy/modern but basically just a dorm" type albergues. What are some of your favorite stops on the Primitivo?
Location, please.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have a wonderful memory of staying at the monestery in Cornellana. It had a newly renovated small section in 2016 and I think it may have been enlarged since my stay. I loved its charm and uniqueness!
Screenshot_20211012-095113~2.png

Hands down with David and Celia in Bodenaya! They represent for me the Camino spirit, true hospitaler@s. What a simple but warm welcome and stay.

Also do not miss my Dutch friends Ton and Ria (also members here) in Albergue Ponte Ferreira 27 km after Lugo. Ria is a great vegetarian/vegan cook. Both have years of experience as volunteer hospis and pilgrims.

And almost forgot, the muni in Grado run by FICS volunteers thanks to our own @Rebekah Scott .

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Albergues stays are about the experience and the people you share it with. The most memorable ones for me were:

Bodenaya
San Juan de Villapañada (5 km after Grado) (my first night on the Camino and where I met most people I walked with the rest of the Way)
Albergue Ponte Ferreira (wonderful Dutch hosts and cozy place in a great setting)

Hands down with David and Celia in Bodenaya! They represent for me the Camino spirit, true hospitaler@s. What a simple but warm welcome and stay.

Also do not miss my Dutch friends Ton and Ria (also members here) in Albergue Ponte Ferreira 27 km after Lugo. Ria is a great vegetarian/vegan cook. Both have years of experience as volunteer hospis and pilgrims.

And almost forgot, the muni in Grado run by FICS volunteers thanks to our own @Rebekah Scott .
Sorry Ton, I would have tagged you but forgot your Forum name!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back