• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Favorite Albergues Porto - SdC (Coastal)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
hi, I walked this last year and had a great time. We particularly liked the Casa Sardao in Careco ( best one on whole trip) and if you have time definitely do the Variante Espiritual - the Monastery Hebron, just outside Padron at the end (once you get off the boat, which is well worth doing) is very good, but get there early as it only has 30 beds and fills up quick.

We loved Portugal so much we are going back in September to walk from Valenca to Fatima.

Buen Camino

There's a new Association of private Albergues for the Portuguese Atlantic Coastal Way..they are producing a brochure which from Easter will be available at all Albergues which has the list/map of them all ...(Porto to Pontevedra). The links to Luis Freixo's Blog www.caminador.es will also give you free access to all stages/maps/Albergues to Santiago.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There's a new Association of private Albergues for the Portuguese Atlantic Coastal Way..they are producing a brochure which from Easter will be available at all Albergues which has the list/map of them all ...(Porto to Pontevedra). The links to Luis Freixo's Blog www.caminador.es will also give you free access to all stages/maps/Albergues to Santiago.
Also on accommodation........ can anyone suggest an albergue or similar near the airport in Porto, we need to stay over in Porto on our arrival on 6 August, two senior ladies.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hello fellow Pilgrims☺️ I am planning to do the my first Caminho ( Portugese coastal route) in September. I have been reading in various posts that you can ask for a pilgrim’s discount for...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back