• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Favorite 'low light' photos from your Camino

• Thread starter Deleted member 56069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56069

Fellow pilgrims, post your favorite photos taken either early in the morning or late in the day. Some of my most memorable pictures were taken either before or during sunrise on our Camino's.
I have many, but would like to other members most memorable low light photos. The one below was the morning we left Sarria in April 2014.FB_IMG_1485622709466.jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
These from Vila do Conde, Esposende, Baiona and Santiago. There was a forest fire near Baiona and the smoke made the sunset feel very surreal.

Attachments

• Vila do Conde evening.jpg
    Vila do Conde evening.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Esposende.jpg
    Esposende.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Baiona.jpg
    Baiona.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 100
  • Baiona cross.jpg
    Baiona cross.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Santiago.jpg
    Santiago.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
taken as I walked down from Cruz de Ferro in the early, early dawn..........hours later my wife sent me a whatsapp - with a quote about the moon's guidance. She couldn't have known I was watching it and the stars that day (her time) !?!?

Attachments

• P1020288.JPG
    P1020288.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 36
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
What a great question. Thanks. I've always been inspired by walking in the early mornings on the VdlP. Here's my current favorite from last year's Camino. The question inspired me to put together a slide show of my best low light and early morning photos from my 2016 Camino: https://www.flickr.com/photos/50048910@N00/albums/72157677972739691
aDSC05586_small.jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
This doorway is way behind the altar at SDC Cathedral. LOTS of people milling around/in and out of that doorway. I set up the camera and just stood there and waited for quite a while till the shot was clear. I didn't shoot much outdoors in low light. I missed a lot because I was so sore and tired at night. Next time it'll be different. This shot took a lot of post-processing to dig the detail out of the shadows.

WEBSITE Camino Gallery V2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This doorway is way behind the altar at SDC Cathedral. LOTS of people milling around/in and out of that doorway. I set up the camera and just stood there and waited for quite a while till the shot was clear. I didn't shoot much outdoors in low light. I missed a lot because I was so sore and tired at night. Next time it'll be different. This shot took a lot of post-processing to dig the detail out of the shadows.

View attachment 31525
This is the Holy Door and you will have to wait till 2021 befor you can take better pictures. The Holy Door is closed now.
I think your made a wonderful picture.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
All these photos were taken with a handheld Lumix point-and-shoot camera (DMC-LZ7).

Peg and I were staying at the Albergue do Sol e da Lua in Finesterre and took off from there to go to the beach to view the sunset (it was clouded over and not too good.) Just before leaving I saw in the mirror in our room that Vitalija was taking a picture of her dog which just had a haircut and was looking terrific. I only had enough time to get the picture in the mirror.

The sunrise in Muxia was taken just before getting on a bus. Our camino was over after 66 days (though we still had more time in Spain.)

handsome-dog.jpg
Date Taken: 2015:07:15 21:28:03
Exposure Time: 1/30 sec.

flowers-at-beach.jpg
Date Taken: 2015:07:15 21:48:13
Exposure Time: 1/100 sec.

sunset-finesterre.jpg
Date Taken: 2015:07:15 22:03:36
Exposure Time: 1/30 sec.

sunrise-muxia.jpg
Date Taken: 2015:07:18 07:16:49
Exposure Time: 1/200 sec.

handsome-dog.jpg flowers-at-beach.jpg sunset-finesterre.jpg sunrise-muxia.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

View attachment 31525
Wonderful photo Mike :)

@Riverman23 and @Giselleontour, thank you for your kind comments. I like shooting doors and doorways - there's either an urge to step through the picture or to wonder what story this doorway can tell, what lives have passed in and out of this door over sometimes a very long period of time. My label for this pic says Azofra, and the date tells me it was a day or so west of Pamplona but I can't remember it exactly. (not low light, so I'm a bit off brief here)

Mike

Camino-F-2106.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
These from Vila do Conde, Esposende, Baiona and Santiago. There was a forest fire near Baiona and the smoke made the sunset feel very surreal.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Fellow pilgrims, post your favorite photos taken either early in the morning or late in the day. Some of my most memorable pictures were taken either before or during sunrise on our Camino's.
I have many, but would like to other members most memorable low light photos. The one below was the morning we left Sarria in April 2014.View attachment 31443
Near Orisson, Sept 27, 2016

Attachments

• IMG_0157.JPG
    IMG_0157.JPG
    801.3 KB · Views: 23
This photo is from my 2013 Camino Frances which I walked to honour the memory of my son who had died 10 years previously. I carried a stone from the beach right by where he's buried and carried it with me to leave at the Cruz d Ferro. I had stayed overnight in Foncebadon and left at first light, there was only one other person at the cross when I arrived there.

Cruz de Ferro - The Iron Cross - where i left the stone from Dalmore beach
by Yvonne, on Flickr
What a lovely thing to have done for your son. The stone will e there for eternity.
My brother died on the Camino in 2013 he took stones from his house and mine to put there too as my son too died in 2013 very young.
I empathise with you and feel for you too.
My good wishes and Peace.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have many, but would like to other members most memorable low light photos. The one below was the morning we left Sarria in April 2014.View attachment 31443

Sunrise in Seville. First day on Via de la plata. image.jpg

€83,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
On the outskirts of San Martin del Camino in April 2015. Is this the Spanish version of the 'leaning tower of Pisa?'Camino - Spain - April - 2015 299.jpg

€46,-
Thanks Mike, but when I looked back at the time sequence of this photos, I don't think it was walking to Eunate. Any one know where this might be?
It was probably between Granon and Belorado.
BTW, if someone were courageous enough to try to publish a book of Camino photos like these, I congratulate you but at the same time; but in the same breathe I say we need to keep her a secret.

Ruins of the 12th century Hospital de San Juan on the outskirts of Foncebadon in the predawn in April 2015Camino - Spain - April - 2015 363.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Back