A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Favorite places to stay Porto to Santiago on Portugues Central, or Finnesterre?

Santiago Photo Book

LindaB

Camino(s) past & future
bike ride Paplona to Santiago April-May 2015
Portuguese Coastal Sept 2019
A friend and I start in Porto on Sep 18, walking to SDC (central route) and then Finisterre and Muxia. Can anyone suggest places to stay on these routes that they really liked? We're already booked at Fernandas in Lugar Do Corgo. Thank you.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
A friend and I start in Porto on Sep 18, walking to SDC (central route) and then Finisterre and Muxia. Can anyone suggest places to stay on these routes that they really liked? We're already booked at Fernandas in Lugar Do Corgo. Thank you.
On the way to Finisterre I really liked Albergue Monte Aro in Lago. It's very nice and fairly new with very friendly hospitaleras, and a good onsite bar/restaurant.

Camino(s) past & future
First 2016
Latest Camino Torres 2019
This was a very good place between Ponte de Lima and Valenca in May.

I would also recommend this place in Barcelhinos just over the river from Barcelos. I stayed there last October.

peterhore

Peter Hore
Camino(s) past & future
SJPD-Burgos 2012, Muxia 2013, Chemin de la Liberte 2014, Ingles 2016, Rabanal 2017, Portugues 2018
Oin
This was a very good place between Ponte de Lima and Valenca in May.

I would also recommend this place in Barcelhinos just over the river from Barcelos. I stayed there last October.

In Muxia I recommend a restaurant called el cordobes (on the front just where the bus stops) for the most amazing seafood. Don’t ask what’s on the menu but accept whatever is offered - been there three times in last five years and think it’s the very best reason for not stopping in SdC but walking on to Fisterra. Chef / owner / chief musician is called Arxiras.
Enjoy!

Mark McCarthy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2014 2015
Lourdes 2 SdC 2016
Sarria 2 SdC April&Oct 2016 & (April 2018)
Camino Baztan June 2017
The Wine Hostel in Porto!

LindaB

Camino(s) past & future
bike ride Paplona to Santiago April-May 2015
Portuguese Coastal Sept 2019
Thank you all for helping us make it a great trip!

Carolyn G

Camino(s) past & future
May 2018
May 2019
(Future - CP September 2020)

Carolyn G

Camino(s) past & future
May 2018
May 2019
(Future - CP September 2020)
I’d like to ask if you all think it’s better to plan a rest day in Tui or instead of doing 2 days in Tui, do 1 in Valenca and 1 in Tui since they’re so close together?

Jodean

Camino(s) past & future
22 Sept. to 21 Oct. 2015, Pamplona to Santiago
6-23.04 Porto to Santiago 2018
17.09-30.09 CF 2018
Another fan of O'recuncho de Peregrino. One of the best albergues that I have ever stayed in.
In O Milladoiro which the maps say is 5km from Santiago but is at least 10-12 by the time you get to the cathedral, we really liked this one:

Lisa HS

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (SJPdP - Santiago) Spring (2016)
Portuguese (Porto - Santiago - Finisterre) Spring (2018)
O recuncho de peregrino past redondela and monastery in herbon
Definitely the Monestery in Herbon. A real "old time" pilgrim experience. Well worth the slight (but lovely) detour. There's a brother there (can't remember his name) who give a very interesting before-dinner tour of the monastery. Don't miss that (although don't take everything he states as fact as....well....fact) :)

Wanderlusting RN

Wanderlusting RN
Camino(s) past & future
July 2019 Porto to Santiago
Viilla d’ Arcos awesome

Old Kiwi

Camino(s) past & future
St Francis "2016"
St Francis "2019"
I must agree with Davey Boyd. I stayed at the Albergue Cabo da Vila in Finisterre for two nights on my last trip.
Lovely helpful people.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 44 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 268 24.5%