• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Favorite Places to Stay

Caminogoat

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, El Norte x 4, Primitivo, Porto, Madrid, Ingles
Hello, I am not sure if this has been done before but shall we compile our favorite places to stay on the Camino del Norte (my favorite route 😍), CF, or any other routes? Would you please share the name of the place you loved staying in a city or town, what you loved about or any other helpful information? I will be happy to organize it later.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
When hoping to get more input for your project, you may want to move your post to the correct subforum - it is now under 'Austalia and New Zealand', where I guess it should not be. Don't know how to do this though, sorry....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My favourite places to stay? Anywhere I can lay my head under a roof that doesn't leak (on me).
My favourite places to eat? Anywhere that is open, does lots of something I can eat and maybe even throws in an enjoyable bottle of wine.
My favourite lists? Any list that does not list somewhere I am very fond of: with decent beds, good food and good wine.

@Mera, I appreciate your enthusiasm and I think I can understand your desire to "share" but perhaps you might want to consider the impacts of Tripeadvertiser and their ilk on perfectly innocent places that really don't deserve, or want, the exposure. Look at the impact of "The Beach" on Phi Phi Leh and Maya bay. Look at what "The Way" has done to the Way. Look at what is happening to the Parroquial and Donativo Albergues as they progress up the "must have" lists but somehow don't feature in the "must donate" lists.

Look at what happens to small family businesses when "everybody goes there for the solitude" and "nobody goes there anymore 'cos its too crowded".

Ach. Not your bad. Grumpy Tinker tonight. But a search of the forum for "favourites" will take you to many lists: and a search of the recommended places will always take you to a post from someone whose expectations or requirements were not met.

So, purely for the benefit of new searchers; if you make pilgrimage to the shrine of Santiago, then the "Best place to stay?" Is anywhere that will provide shelter for the night. And all the rest of it is just stuff.

Indeed!

When weary after walking for 6 hours while carrying a pack all that is needed is a simple shelter with preferably a lower bunk for resting, working toilet, hot shower, and when possible pleasant companions and something to eat. Nothing else is really necessary; luxury is heat in winter as well as an electric socket to charge a phone.

Always it was a great pleasure to arrive at a welcoming albergue, sit and remove my pack, take a HOT shower, chat with other pilgrims and collapse in clean comfort on a bottom bunk ever thankful for the continued strength to experience the extraordinary joy of another camino day. ...Bliss!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Indeed!

When weary after walking for 6 hours while carrying a pack all that is needed is a simple shelter with preferably a lower bunk for resting, working toilet, hot shower, and when possible pleasant companions and something to eat. Nothing else is really necessary; luxury is heat in winter as well as an electric socket to charge a phone.

Always it was a great pleasure to arrive at a welcoming albergue, sit and remove my pack, take a HOT shower, chat with other pilgrims and collapse in clean comfort on a bottom bunk ever thankful for the continued strength to experience the extraordinary joy of another camino day. ...Bliss!
You got that right, a clean room, bottom bunk and if I really want to dream as the Princess and the Pea, or Goldilocks, a bed not to soft or firm. Is the last part asking too much?????

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back