• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Favorite Sunrise or sunset photos from your Camino

• Thread starter Deleted member 56069
  • Start date
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

€83,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Mornings are not my brightest time, but the light is so lovely.
Evening at the end of a long day; Roncesvalles
IMG_7258.JPG

Unedited early light, past Mazariffe
Vilar de Mazariffe - Astorga  2-4-2015 (1024x682).jpg

Past Pieros
Cacabelos-Las Herrieras (7) - Copy.JPG

Between Ribadiso and Amenal
Ribadiso -  Amenal 12-4-2015 (2) (1024x682).jpg

Past Castrojerez.
This is nothing really special as a photo, but I post it here to see if anyone has an explanation for the faint halo over the shadow's head. And no. It's NOT saintliness.
IMG_1445.JPG

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
From Muxia on June 6, 2017 on hill above the chapel.

Was trying to capture a "green flash" after the sun's round disc sank beneath the sea, but it was not there. Was surprised to capture a split disc a few minutes earlier as shown.

For more on "green flashes," google "images of green flashes." Green flashes are rare and only last for a second or two, usually on western coasts looking out over eastern oceans with a clear view of the horizon.

Cheers, CT

Attachments

• 20170606_221100.jpg
    20170606_221100.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
@zrexer, I am really enjoying these threads you've started recently, each one honing in on a particular facet of Camino life! I think all of us who submit photos love having an incentive to look through our pictures to find personal favorites. The best part is we get to recall so many special memories as we browse through them, intent on finding the perfect one (s) to share.

€83,-
@zrexer, I am really enjoying these threads you've started recently, each one honing in on a particular facet of Camino life! I think all of us who submit photos love having an incentive to look through our pictures to find personal favorites. The best part is we get to recall so many special memories as we browse through them, intent on finding the perfect one (s) to share.

I love to go back over my pictures and love to see what others have captured on their various Camino's. I think for members who have not had a chance to walk a Camino yet, the pictures are great to see.
A nice change from endless discussions about back packs, shoes, boots and socks...and trekking poles and should I mention...bed bugs?
Some truly spectacular pictures on this thread.
Recently bought a high end Canon compact I can't wait to use on my next walk.

€60,-

€83,-
My last picture taken on camino. It is a mid-July sunrise at Muxia not long before we boarded the bus out.
sunrise-muxia.jpg
Was trying to capture a "green flash" after the sun's round disc sank beneath the sea, but it was not there. Was surprised to capture a split disc a few minutes earlier as shown.
Split disc reminded me of my split card. I went to take pictures at the church in Muxia and realized that my SD card was in the tablet back with Peg so I took out my previously used one with two months of pictures of Spain (about 4,000 of them.) The card had split. About a quarter of those pictures had a crude backup in the tablet (zoom, crop and screenshot) but those pictures weren't always my best.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
When this thread "runs out" I have a couple of other ideas for more photo sharing.:)
I looked for a previous photo challenge thread but I couldn't find it. @VNwalking posted a picture of some trees along a ridge that was a near identical match to one I had and so a match this picture thread was born.

probably my all time favourite sunrise. from the motorway bridge after sahagún. the whole half hour was magical.
and one of my favourite sunsets. from réfuge d'ayous mountain hut in the pyrenees (on a branch of chemin d'ossau). reflecting in the lake is pic du midi d'ossau.

09183 vzhod.jpg 07251 PicDuMidiDOssau vecer.JPG

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I agree ! I did Camino October 16 ..... can’t bekieve it was a year ago and a frantic year it has been ..... so it was wonderful to put myself back in the Camino looking at the photos again :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
For all...thank you so much from the bottom of my heart!!! I love all of your photos being shared(as far as i remembered which i did not click like was the one bitten by bedbug, i really felt sad for her:()
Maligayang Pasko at manigong bagong taon!
P.S.
Looking forward to see another photo thread "marvelous blue sky":D

€83,-
My photo collection from March and April this year is packed with Sunrises, and the odd sunset. Here are my favourites; two photos from Muxia on Easter Day, and a Sunset at O'Cebreiro

Attachments

• Muxia, Easter day 2.jpg
    Muxia, Easter day 2.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Muxia, Easter day.jpg
    Muxia, Easter day.jpg
    760.4 KB · Views: 29
  • O'Cebreiro.JPG
    O'Cebreiro.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 26
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
got a bunch of them...........
IMG_20170920_074714367.jpg
IMG_20170920_074714367.jpg
IMG_20170920_081856045_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170921_082045542_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170921_082045542_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20170925_082921592_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170925_082921592_HDR.jpg
    1,020.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20170929_082000773_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170929_082000773_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20171001_080609303.jpg
    IMG_20171001_080609303.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20171004_193814449_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171004_193814449_HDR.jpg
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20171005_082107476.jpg
    IMG_20171005_082107476.jpg
    896.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20171013_084247344_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171013_084247344_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20171014_084312885_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171014_084312885_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

€46,-
Alan, thank you for bumping this thread.
Hornillos del Camino sunrise, June 2, 2017
My new favorite is about the same place, heading up to the alto between Hornillos and Hontanas in late May last year. That morning there was a beautiful sun pillar, paired with the sliver of a rising waning moon.
20190530_062107 (2).jpg20190530_063259 (2).jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
March 11, 2020
Day that ended up being my last on the Norte
1588695058939.jpeg
moon setting over Getaria in front of me
1588695309122.jpeg
Peaking sunlight behind me
1588695425144.jpeg
Above "is that you"?
1588695531463.jpeg
Yes!! Good morning sun!!!
1588695595374.jpeg
Good bye sun....Good bye camino...over Deba

Buen Camino,
MaryEllen

Attachments

• 684AE693-99C7-48A0-9C0F-407614E630F1.jpeg
    684AE693-99C7-48A0-9C0F-407614E630F1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
This is early morning at the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. These early morning pilgrims are queing to get through a very narrow door about 5ft high. Once through the building opens up into a number of churches, each for a different denomination. You can even see the different crosses on the building.

As a species, we have a marvelous ability to communicate as this blog shows - and the ability to find differences even where it is the same man, same story and same place. Weird.

ChurchoftheNativity.jpga different

€83,-
We had finally made it.

Attachments

• FDE85849-932B-4585-9608-7C42F4C22415.jpeg
    FDE85849-932B-4585-9608-7C42F4C22415.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 4
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back