• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Favorite Walking/hiking leggings

NJohn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances: Sept/Oct 2022
Finesterre Oct 2022
For those of you who walk wearing leggings, do you have a favorite brand?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I bring the leggings I use for yoga but they are for all types of sports. They are by Nike, model One. The price was right at €40.00 whereas yoga and running leggings can run up to €80 and more here in The Netherlands. I've been using the same model for several years as they fit me so well and hold up to heavy use.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm a big fan of smartwool leggings. They don't hold odour like traditional leggings, plus they keep you cool when its hot, and they are warm when its cool outside. AND they have drop-in pockets, which are great for your phone. 😊

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I like Ibex leggings. Wool. One set is just a lighter boucle knit which I can sleep in or wear for hiking. The other is a heavier knit with deep side pockets in the legs. I also wear 3/4 length light weight leggings for sleeping or hiking and I can wear them under hiking pants for warmth if needed.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I have Patagonia Pack Out Leggings in the ankle and capri length. They have side pockets which were very useful for my phone and glasses. Super comfy.

Skins brand recovery style. Buen Camino. 🚶‍♂️

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I bring the leggings I use for yoga but they are for all types of sports. They are by Nike, model One. The price was right at €40.00 whereas yoga and running leggings can run up to €80 and more here in The Netherlands. I've been using the same model for several years as they fit me so well and hold up to heavy use.
I have found great selection of leggings at Goodwill stores. Women trade out perfectly near-new leggings that I have bought for <$12. These I wear with mini skirt or shorts and feel refreshed after the end of day long hiking. Prefer leggings for waist to ankle support. Also great for avoiding shin splints.

I look for the polyester with 12 - 14% Spandex leggings for support. Another source for leggings is Costco here in US (usually plain black). For this September Camino Frances, I will wear a colorful pair of TOTEMMI that I bought at Goodwill for $12. I also got a brand new white Columbia PFG poly shirt with UV rating to 50 for $10 there in the men’s section — size small fits well over my frame, giving me all the protection I may need and still be cool with shirt’s venting sections.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I
@henrythedog

You do realise that you’ll be taken to task by those among us who are female and who also possess/wear Ron Hill leggings, don’t you? 😎

(oops - they are, indeed, ‘tracksters’! )
I’m sure they are more flattering on the female form. I actually knew Ron (and Pete Bland, Joss Naylor and a bunch of other serious Cumbrian runners) back in the day and they needed bright clothing just to be visible. If they turned sideways they would be invisible.

‘Honey, I ain’t got no sideways’ as Jessye Norman said, on my behalf.

I took a photograph of my beloved, in the Samaría gorge, standing sideways behind a telegraph pole (no, I don’t know why it was there).
All you can see is his head peeping out … 😄
.. and his pack, of course …

It’s a size/shape that suits/belongs to distance runners, isn’t it?

In reply to the OP, my new favourite pair are the Mello tights from Alpkit.
They seem to be hardwearing, despite being quite thin.
They’re designed for climbing/bouldering, so are intended to withstand some rough treatment.
And they’re very comfortable with a great cut. They have one pocket on the thigh.
About £30 in their sales.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.