• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Feasibility advice

brian560

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, VdlP 2016, Port. Central, Norte , Port. Coastal (2018).San Salvador and Primitivo (2019)
I'm planning to walk the French way in October. I intend flying Manchester to Madrid arriving 1450. I then will take the metro to Atocha and then the train to Pamploma departing 1725. Bus schedules for that departure date don't appear to be available yet and I prefer to lock all bookings in now.

Is this feasible or too tight?

Cheers

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In my opinion, perfectly feasible. By the way, the fastest way to reach Atocha from Madrid airport is by train, the train station at the airport is right next to the Metro station in terminal T4.

I'm planning to walk the French way in October. I intend flying Manchester to Madrid arriving 1450. I then will take the metro to Atocha and then the train to Pamploma departing 1725. Bus schedules for that departure date don't appear to be available yet and I prefer to lock all bookings in now.

Is this feasible or too tight?

Cheers
That’s OK; but doesn’t leave much time to smell the flowers.

My preference is the yellow Aerobus from right outside the terminal. Turn right when you get outside. It’s the last bus stop. Every 20 minutes; takes 30 minutes. Atocha’s the last stop. Cash or card €6 but may have gone up a € like everything else.

When you get to Atocha go straight to departures. There’s a short security queue before you get to the final departures area.

Out of an abundance of caution it’s worth the extra few € to get a refundable/amendable train ticket. If your flights catastrophically delayed you should still have time to cancel online.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks for that. Remind me to bring a juicy bone should we run into each other on a camino.

juicy bone
I walked the camino twice with good friends from Australia. But sometimes your version of English and your slang might as well be Mandarin to me. I know the same is true for my friends when I speak Bronx. It is especially true when they gave me directions. What the F+%K are you saying?????? That was just a little aside leading up to:
What is a juicy bone.
I hope to walk with dear Aussies David and Emilia from Perth for at least part of my camino this year.

I walked the camino twice with good friends from Australia. But sometimes your version of English and your slang might as well be Mandarin to me. I know the same is true for my friends when I speak Bronx. It is especially true when they gave me directions. What the F+%K are you saying?????? That was just a little aside leading up to:
What is a juicy bone.
I hope to walk with dear Aussies David and Emilia from Perth for at least part of my camino this year.
I think Brian was referring to my username which; for reasons I can’t really recall has me identifying as my dog.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The yellow airport bus was AWOL my last two visits to the Madrid airport, oddly enough. I found the T4 train (not metro) to be extremely fast and easy without having to worry about vehicle traffic slowing my transit to Atocha.

What is a juicy bone.
Well, "henrythedog" gave me some useful advice so as a token of my gratitude, I promised him a juicy bone should our paths ever cross.

Well, "henrythedog" gave me some useful advice so as a token of my gratitude, I promised him a juicy bone should our paths ever cross.
I still do not know what the expression "juicy bone" means. Honestly that is all I wanted to know. Thanks

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I still do not know what the expression "juicy bone" means. Honestly that is all I wanted to know. Thanks
A juicy bone as in a reward. I don't think he'd appreciate me rubbing his tummy.:)

Most read last week in this forum

I am flying into Madrid and will arrive early morning. My thought is to go directly to Toledo and stay two nights there in a hotel or hostel so that I will have the ability to sleep during the...
Hello, it's been about 7 years since my last Camino, and this will be the first time I have had to book trains within Spain. There seems to be a few different train booking sites. Booking from...
Hello everyone. My husband has been talking about walking this trail for over 35 years —- since he was 20 years old. But, life’s problems alway seem to get in the way, don’t they? He’s been...
Hi I was wondering if anyone was taking the Express Bouricott from Biarritz to SJPP on the afternoon of 27th May as I am looking to join a group booking if possible….many thanks 😊
Would I be able to bring a backpack (size 20 -25 L) into the cabin and hold on to it rather than being forced to put the backpack into the luggage compartment of the bus? I'm reading several...
Looking for suggestions How do I get to Fatima from Lisbon Airport. Thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back