A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

February Camino

Evy70

Camino(s) past & future
(2018)
I am a retired teacher and want to do the Camino de Santiago. I am old, but fit. I run and walk a lot. I need to be back in the states for my daughter's wedding at the beginning of April. Do I need to plan for 2 months or can it be less? Will I be all alone on the Camino during February and March?
Thanks.

Advertisment

jozero

Oh... That's what the shell is for...
Camino(s) past & future
CF January 2013
CF April 2016
CF January 2018
CP Coastal September 2018
It can certainly be hit or miss. I had days when there was me and there were other days when there were a full dozen. In general though, expect a more solitary journey. One thing I will mention is that because so few Albergues were open, those of us on the trail generally ended up in the same Albergue at night and if you didn't see everyone that night you'd surely see them the next night! Good luck.

jozero

Oh... That's what the shell is for...
Camino(s) past & future
CF January 2013
CF April 2016
CF January 2018
CP Coastal September 2018
And to address your timeframe, 2 months would be very achievable but most fit people could do it in 33-35 days comfortably but nothing wrong with shorter days and using all 40!

Jorn_dk

Camino(s) past & future
February 2018
Hi - I am planning to start out in one of the first days of february from St-Jean-Pied-de-Port
. It is my first Camino, and it would be nice to follow with someone the first days to Pamplona.

I am a retired teacher and want to do the Camino de Santiago. I am old, but fit. I run and walk a lot. I need to be back in the states for my daughter's wedding at the beginning of April. Do I need to plan for 2 months or can it be less? Will I be all alone on the Camino during February and March?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Advertisment

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%