A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Fernando Luiz Righi de Oliveira on Camino Aragonese

Advertisment

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata.
So very very sad. Prayers for the family and friends of those who are left behind. We are all diminished by the death of even one of us, let us unite in taking care of each other. Especially so when conditions are extreme.

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
C. Frances, Norte, Ingles, Primitivo, Aragones, Vasco, SanSalvador, Fisterre, Muxia - more than once
Death is always shocking, especially when you meet it face to face. On 13th July, just leaving Alto del Fresno, 5.5 kms after Grado, I saw a Spanish pilgrim lying on the ground... his body was covered... Everybody was shocked, especially those who spent the night with him in San Juan de Villapanada. He was 60, an experienced pilgrim, was in excellent health and mood and told some other pilgrims that that had beenthe best night in an albergue ever. And probably half an hour later he was lying there..

R.I.P.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (SJPdP-Burgos, 2015)
Camino Frances (Burgos-Sarria, 2018)
Sarria-Santiago (fall 2018)
Wow. So sad to read about both of these deaths. What a shock to their families, friends, and those who walked with them.

May they both rest in peace.

Camino(s) past & future
A brazilian pilgrim has been found dead about ten km out off the route near Lumbier (Navarra) in the Camino aragones. RIP
http://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/20...eregrino-al-que-se-buscaba-desde-este-domingo
May he rest in peace, - and may all rest in peace when life ends.
And may his name be remembered on the Camino together with all the pilgrims, who did not go back to their home in this world.
In the garden by the albergue in Miraz, it says on a stone: "Our steps end, but not the Camino".
I often think of that when I walk the Caminoes. I lost my husband while walking on the Camino, just outside Lorca, in may 2011. No warning, from one second to the other.
But he was doing what made him so very happy, walking the Camino.
I do hope this brazilian also was happily walking, one can always hope.

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Pamplona to Santiago Mar. 2018
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
Hi Pia,
Remembering you in a special way today! I know that your husband died doing what he liked to do and I am glad you have been able to continue your journey along the Camino. Nevertheless, each time you experience a death on the Camino it must bring you to a new remembrance of your loved one. I am so sorry for your loss and wish to thank you for posting. Hope to hear your words of wisdom in the future.

Camino(s) past & future
C. Frances, Norte, Ingles, Primitivo, Aragones, Vasco, SanSalvador, Fisterre, Muxia - more than once
Pia, you are a very strong woman. I'm sure you will find things in life which can make you happy. And you will always remember your loved one.

God bless you!

After reading the news of the week here, as I normally do on a Saturday afternoon, I am certainly saddened, as is everyone, on the passing of our Fellow Peregrinos. Life, and Death, are religious issues for some, pretty much philosophical issues for others. Regardless, they are shared equally with all.

For those departed, I honour them for their Journey, as I do for all Pilgrims. Their path has changed. It is one we will all walk, someday.

For the Families, your Family Members are remembered and honoured by all those who are familiar with life on Pilgrimage. In their untimely passing, they were doing exactly what they wanted to do. We are all familiar with the elation, and reverence of this. There is loss in all of our hearts at this time. But know that they will live on, in our hearts as well.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
True.
I remember watching a vlog where a man is talking to the author of the vlog. An elderly man, sitting with her (a young woman in her 20's) at the bar counter. Talking about lots of things. And he said he would be completely OK if he would die the next day. He did died that same night! He was forum member @Sagalouts as we (someone) discovered few weeks afterwards. I feel the same. Let me be on Camino for the rest of my life!

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
So very sad.
May all our brothers of the road rest in peace.
And may their loved ones find ease of heart in what must be a very difficult time.
This heat kills. Be careful out there, everyone.

I cannot 'like' your post, @Csutak , but am very touched by it and by your reflections....
I lost my husband while walking on the Camino, just outside Lorca, in may 2011. No warning, from one second to the other.
But he was doing what made him so very happy, walking the Camino.
Pia, your words go straight to the heart. Most of us cannot imagine what a shock that must have been or what you went through.
May you have all blessings...

Camino(s) past & future
So very sad.
May all our brothers of the road rest in peace.
And may their loved ones find ease of heart in what must be a very difficult time.
This heat kills. Be careful out there, everyone.

I cannot 'like' your post, @Csutak , but am very touched by it and by your reflections....

Pia, your words go straight to the heart. Most of us cannot imagine what a shock that must have been or what you went through.
May you have all blessings...
Thank you all for your comforting words and thoughts.
In the chaotic situation I met so much help from evrybody who happened to be there. Both pilgrims and local people. People who I will never be able to thank properly.
The next day I wrote dates and time on a couple of flat stones on the place, and left a shell on the old olive tree above with an inscription.
The year after, when I returned with some family to place a memorial iron cross by the Camino where my husband died, there already was a wooden cross, with the incription of my husbands name, and date of birth and death. Somebody, I do not know who, put it there.
Before I start walking my caminowalks I always go there.
This year I spoke with an old man, living in a house near by, he was there that day, and he remembered, - and he was the one who brought a sunshade to protect from the sun in the situation. So I was happy to be able to thank at least him.
I believe there a so many stories to tell from the Camino, by so many pilgrims, one will never know.
And for me, when I am home, I long back to the camino.

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 102 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 165 25.4%