• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Fernando Sor’s Op.9, “Variations on a Theme of Mozart” - Spanish Music - Selection No 12

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CFx2, CPx1
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night
And his affections dark as Erebus:
Let no such man be trusted.
William Shakespeare

He lead an interesting life did today’s composer. Fernando Sor. There is a link to a biography, well worth a read, at the bottom of this post.

Fernando Sor’s Op.9, “Variations on a Theme of Mozart”.
Today’s piece is based on a melody played near the end of Act I of Mozart’s opera The Magic Flute.
It’s appears probable Sor was inspired to write the piece after the The Magic Flute was given a major production for its premiere in England in May 1819, when he happened to be in the vicinity.

Performed here by Ana Vidovic. A well known, prodigious guitarist, she is indeed well qualified to perform this piece having won, amongst other things, both the Fernando Sor competition and the Francisco Tárrega competition.

A biography of Ferando Sor.

https://www.classiccat.net/sor_f/biography.php

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Mate! We could do with a video from you showing your fine form on the guitar.
As a tribute to Fernando of course.

Thanks for the encouragement, but after two times hand surgery for Dupuytren's Contracture I am not fit for public performances. These days I play things that are less demanding on the fingers :)

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone highly recommend an intro, fast track Spanish course, anywhere in Spain? I took Spanish lessons years ago, but was waylaid by learning Dutch, and couldn't cope with both...
Moderator, please place this in the appropriate thread. Thank you. Well, it's about time.😊👍...
Mark Taubert in FranceInfo, 24 Mars, 2024 , describes a new GR hike which has been planned for the past 10 years along the Seine passing the locations where famous 19th c Impressionist...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back