• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

ferrol finisterre muxia

johns

RIP 2018
Time of past OR future Camino
CF "2010" Ingles and Finisterre "2011" CP - L-P-S "2012" F /M "2013" c norte may 2014 CP 2015
thinking of seting off around 28 november flying manchester uk to madrid over night train to ferrol walking from the 29 t0 muxia train back from santiago to madrid fly back 11 december uk doable what will weather be like will any albergues still be open walked sjpp april 2010 32 days still fit now turned seventy i think 11 full days maybe try hard on bits of the languages try to get by on being good mannered very little probs on :) frances thanks john s

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi John,

It is certainly doable in 9 or 10 days. 5 days Ferrol to Santiago, 3 (or 4) days to Finisterre and then a further day up to Muxia. It really depends on how far you are happy to walk each day. There would a few 30km+ days involved in that schedule.

With 11 days it doesn't give you much downtime in Santiago, Finisterre or Muxia given that you are also planning to fly back from Madrid on 11th.

Never walked that time of year so I can't give you much advice on typical weather or the availability of albergues (although I would imagine that most, if not all, are open year round) but I'm sure someone else will be able to help out.

I take it that you are aware of the CSJ on-line guides (http://www.csj.org.uk/guides-online.htm) that are available for these routes.

Good luck with your planning.

Regards
Mig

P.S. Some punctuation would help with the readability of your post and questions contained within :wink:

hi miguel thanks for your reply takeing one more day now try to improve on my puncttuation
thanks john :D

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.