• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ferrol on a sunday

Bella2017

Time of past OR future Camino
March 2017 Oct 2018 Camino ingles june 2019 cancelled Camino Portuguese Oct 2019
We arrive at 11am on a Sunday are any shops open for us to buy food? Any recommendations for lunch or places to see on day one of our start on the Camino ingles?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Bella2017,
Grocery stores will be closed on Sundays, as you guessed. I checked Supercor, as they often have shops that are open 365 days a year, but it looks like their Ferrol shop is also closed on Sundays. So you may want to bring some snacks with you to get you through to Monday, and plan to eat lunch and dinner at cafes and restaurants that day, etc.

Walking down by the river and the port and seeing the KM marker for the beginning of the Inglés is a fun thing to do.

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks we will get off bus walk to port then go to neda any eating places en route recommended?

Hmm...I don't remember that there was much between Ferrol and Neda, except that Ferrol's naval/ industrial area takes a while to walk out of. In Neda, I stayed at PensiĂłn/ Cafeteria Maragoto and they had excellent food. You don't need to be a guest to eat there, and I would recommend it if you don't find anything before you walk into Neda. Neda is beautiful, by the way! Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have walked on a Sunday a couple of times and stayed at the hotel Kensingston in Naron and they no longer serve food on a Sunday. We could only find a couple of places serving food and they had queues for tables so were very busy. We eventually ate at Casa Abuela, the bars were open but they do not serve food. So hopefully Cafeteria Maragoto will be open.

We are booked in for Sunday night at hotel Kensington I was looking forward to a nice evening meal

We arrive at 11am on a Sunday are any shops open for us to buy food? Any recommendations for lunch or places to see on day one of our start on the Camino ingles?
Just to clarify - are you arriving in Ferrol on Sunday then leaving Monday for Neda? If so, I would buy anything you need on Saturday but the route from Ferrol to Neda is flat and easy. I'm guessing at the most all you need is 1 or 2 liters of water and some trail mix or light snack. I would suggest always having water with you and some snack each day along the route because unless you're in one of the larger towns there seems to be a lack of stores along the Camino itself. The hotel I was staying at gave me water when I left for the Camino.

In Ferrol, Cafe Bla Bla was recommended to me a few times and I think they might be open all day for food although I ate at O'Galo which had incredible calamari - best I've ever had. There are a couple bars open along Praza da Constitucion (the Camino runs along that plaza) that serve tapas on Saturday afternoon but I'm not sure about Sunday. The bars near the start of the Camino (next to the tourist office) are a great spot for a beer or two.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Arriving in Ferrol sunday am. Leaving for Neda Sunday am. Like calamari so may have to have some before leaving Ferrol. Thanks

For open store on Sunday (anywhere in Spain) ask for Chino Bazar.
For open resturant on Sunday (anywhere in Spain) ask for Chino/Thai/Indian and all of the rest of Asian Fast Foods.

Too bad you're staying at Kensington because Albergue de Neda (in Xubia actually) is very nice.

Buen Camino!

The Parador restaurant in Ferrol is open to non-guests. From the restaurant you get a good view into the harbor and the naval ships. I believe you can also get a voucher from the Parador web site to get a discount on meals. I found Ferrol to be dead on Sunday evening, apart from one or two bars.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
No food on Sunday at hotel Kensington today. We walked to pension marogto in neda but no food served. Just had pizza and salad ok at urimar. As we had no cafes Enroute after leaving ferrol we were in need of a decent meal. Will need menu del dia itomorrow ? In vilar colo

Menu del dia at vilar do vilar was great 10 euros including coffee. Staff friendly I really enjoyed itimage.jpegimage.jpeg

A selection of Camino Jewellery

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back