• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ferrol - Santiago - Finisterre - Muxia Easter 2022

HeidiL

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés2004, Portugués,Madrid,Plata, hospi Grado
Finally I get to walk a proper Camino again - and yes, it was OK walking from Oslo to Trondheim, but I much prefer Caminos with a three-course Spanish lunch in the middle. Spoilt, that's what I am...

My husband and I usually walk in Spain at Easter, and have been missing it desperately for the last two years. This time, we're back, in the company of our son, who did his first Easter walk in Spain 17 years ago, and his girlfriend, who has only walked in Norway. We are SO pleased to be introducing her to Spain and Spanish Easter, and will ensure she gets to experience as many Easter processions as possible. There is a Semana Santa museum in Ferrol, so we're starting there...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you, friends!

We had our son and his girlfriend over for dinner on Saturday, and handed over print-outs of the hotel reservations for they will be staying at on their own (we're paying, since students don't have money). They seemed very pleased.

I am spending all my lunch breaks here on the forum. I'm glad I renewed my subscription, so I don't have to be bothered by advertisements...

It is so nice to drag out the box of assorted walking socks again, to decide which three pairs get to go with me tomorrow. But (shock! horror!) I think I'll actually bring four pairs this time, since I'm not certain about the two new pairs, acquired at the market in Nájera while I was volunteering there last year.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It is so nice to drag out the box of assorted walking socks again, to decide which three pairs get to go with me tomorrow. But (shock! horror!) I think I'll actually bring four pairs this time, since I'm not certain about the two new pairs, acquired at the market in Nájera while I was volunteering there last year.
A good idea. I wouldn't trust those socks for a long walk until I had tried them out for a day or two. My socks that I bought in the market are fine for city use, but wouldn't stand up to camino wear. But then, yours looked a lot sturdier than mine. Buen camino to you and your family.

I've just walked from Ferrol to Santiago, and then journeyed onwards to Muxía.

A wonderful week back on the Camino, with Galicia smiling on our group with just one day of rain.

Any questions - I'll be happy to throw in some tips!

Signing in from Miño, after a bit more climbing than I was prepared for. My knee is holding up, though there is a significantly higher incidence of internal swearing on this Camino than I have had on any of the others. I also remember my firm commitment to stay away from the Norte.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My very first experience of the bed race - there is no room anywhere, unless you get to the municipal albergues really early. Most hotels on the Camino are also full. We have Sigüeiro for Thursday, but tomorrow we will be taking a taxi about 10km off the route!
We are enjoying the walk, today we met Norwegian Line, and walked with Erickson from the Philippines - plus a lot of people whose names we have forgotten.

Everybody here says we ought to go to Muxia first, since there are more buses from Finisterre. Sounds good to me!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We went to Muxía first, got the Muxiana at the Ayuntamento, according to the notice at the closed tourist office.
We are now at LiresCa Hotel, in the best bed I have had on any Camino - and that includes Paradores. Glorious food, too.
Will try to do a proper write-up when I have a keyboard again…

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back