• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ferrol to Cabo Estaca de Bares

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
Distance is 70km, only major stopping point appears to be Ortigueira, two thirds of the way along.
But I might be wrong. Does it just so happen that anyone has walked this and knows where to stop to make it either a two or three day walk?
The attraction with this destination even though it is not on any official camino is that it is the northenmost tip of the Spanish mainland (and we just might be starting at the southernmost point, Tarifa so it would be great to get to the top too)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Distance is 70km, only major stopping point appears to be Ortigueira, two thirds of the way along.
But I might be wrong. Does it just so happen that anyone has walked this and knows where to stop to make it either a two or three day walk?
The attraction with this destination even though it is not on any official camino is that it is the northenmost tip of the Spanish mainland (and we just might be starting at the southernmost point, Tarifa so it would be great to get to the top too)
Rachel, I love the way you hit on these out of the way spots. Are you just pouring over a detailed Spanish map? How do you find them? Buen camino, Laurie

Rachel, I love the way you hit on these out of the way spots. Are you just pouring over a detailed Spanish map? How do you find them? Buen camino, Laurie
In this case when we were talking about starting in Seville. 14yo son asked if we could go to the Rock of Gibraltar, and wondered whether that was the southernmost point of Spain - google told us it was close but not quite! So then we had to look to see where the northernmost spot was and it turned out to be not fa from Ferrol. Truth be known, we'll just end up doing Seville to Santiago, but it's interesting to see what's possible!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you follow the 'sardines' towards San Andrés de Teixido from San Martiño de Xubia (see photos) and turn towards Cedeira before reaching San Andrés there is accomodation there (approx 30kms). We stayed in the 'Casa Cordobeles' just outside Cedeira. Just beyond Ortigueira there is accomodation too at Espasante, we stayed at 'Las Palomas', letting you walk to the point and back in a day if needed. (The FEVE can get you back to Ferrol or on to Oviedo.) Are you going to go to San Andrés as you walk?

Attachments

• San M de Xubia.jpg
    San M de Xubia.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 6
  • xubia fish.jpg
    xubia fish.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back