A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Ferry between Cork & Plymouth and Vigo starting in 2020

Kathar1na

Camino(s) past & future
To Santiago and beyond (from home; Voie de Tours; Camino Francés; Biskaya; Manche; Via Brabantica)
Great news! I hope they take foot passengers. It's a bit odd that the article says they will house 200 lorries and cars and 150 passengers ... I see that the initiators see a demand from the transport industry (lorries), from tourists (to the UK) from Galicia and in particular from the large British colony that exists in the North of Portugal. I think it's a great way for camino pilgrims to travel home.

I searched for years for a connection by boat from Vigo or Coruña to the UK or the Benelux. It was next to impossible to find for a long time and neither easy nor cheap when I finally found it ...

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
A further similar article about the proposed ferry service is here in Atlántico.
It seems to imply that there will be lorries, cars and 'commuters', but does not make it clear whether these are the car passengers or foot passengers. One sentence seems to mean car passengers and another could be either with/without a car.......

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Ingles 2016 Camino Portuguese 2017 Considering Invierno late (2020) In lieu of VdlP (2020)

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 326 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock