• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ferry/Boat to A Guarda?

Eims

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese Coastal 2016
Olá, just wondering if there is anyone planning on travelling from Caminha to A Guarda on Monday 19th September?
I was told there are no ferries on a Monday! I know someone on another thread mentioned there may be a fisherman who would be willing to go across. However, I am travelling solo so figured it may not be worth his while for one. That is of course, if I can find him! Also, I am going to A Guarda. Thanks!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks Whariwharangi, for that info. Much appreciated!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Olá, just wondering if there is anyone planning on travelling from Caminha to A Guarda on Monday 19th September?
I was told there are no ferries on a Monday! I know someone on another thread mentioned there may be a fisherman who would be willing to go across. However, I am travelling solo so figured it may not be worth his while for one. That is of course, if I can find him! Also, I am going to A Guarda. Thanks!
The fishermans name is Mario, his number was +351 963 416 259 in April 2016, otherwise you can get his number from the bar around the corner from the albergue in Caminha. He charged 5 euros per person.

The fishermans name is Mario, his number was +351 963 416 259 in April 2016, otherwise you can get his number from the bar around the corner from the albergue in Caminha. He charged 5 euros per person.
Thanks Horley, that's really great! I decided it was a nice day to chill out here and I plan on getting the ferry tomorrow. However, I'm delighted to have a back up plan. Thanks for his number too. That's great!

Give Mario a call as soon as you arrive in Caminho. Coming from Vila Praia de Ãncora and entering Caminha ask for the Orbitur camping .
There you will find Mario o Pescador.(Mario the fisherman)
To walk to the center of Caminha it is some kilometers further on so you have to walk back to this campingsite.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Give Mario a call as soon as you arrive in Caminho.
If you want a ride across the river Minho with Captain Mario you do not have to and should not walk to the city center of Caminha at all. Captain Mario is operating from the beach hotel a couple km to the west of Caminha.
To reach him you will keep on walking on the western side of the railway and walk through a wonderfully peacefull forest till you reach the river.
There is a wonderful beach just before the Atlantic Ocean and just ask for Captain Mario.

Yes, the Ferry is not working, but Xunta de Galicia has a new service called XACOBEO TRANSFER, only for people, between REMO pier (20 meters of the old Ferry) and Spanish ferry station, every 30 minutes.It is possible to book via web www.nauticdestination.com or phone and watsapp +34 613011226

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back