• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ferry to Isla Ons / Cíes

NickCawthon

Time of past OR future Camino
August 2019
Hello,

My cousin James and I are looking to spend the evening on either Isla Ons or Cíes on the evening of August 24th. There's nothing concrete on the various ferry websites about schedules and ports of return or departure.

Ideally, we'd leave from Vigo on Saturday afternoon, returning to either Portonovo or A Pobra de Caraminal first thing the next morning.

Any idea on how to validate that this is even possible?

nc

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I had a small brochure I picked up last year. It was pretty specific about departures to and from Biaona and Vigo and looked like you needed to have a reservation at the campground to stay over night. I just googled Les Iles Cies and found lots of services willing to book a trip there.

We travelled to Islas de Cies last June, purchased our tickets the day before, and travelled on the 10 am departure, spent day on Island and returned on 5pm ferry which was full due to school groups. The camping was also bookable in Vigo, they had an office near Mar de Ons/Pirates de Nabia. Highly recommended.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back