• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Feve train times for sunday- anyone read spanish?

Emmet1

We are arriving in Santander tomorow Sunday .
On advice from fellow forum members we are getting the train from Santander to Pendeules and walking to Llanes.
We arrive to airport at Sunday midday and will get Taxi to Snatander train station .
From what i can see there i as sund train which departs Snatander at 1610 going through Pendueles.
two questions
1- Can anyone confirm I am reading this correctly via their website- ie is this a weekday service only or runs on sunday too ?
2-If this is not an afternoon service -does anyone know of an alternative transport method of getting to Pendueles on a sunday afternoon?

Many thanks in advance

Emmet

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Si la página no tiene errores, debería de haber ese tren.

ScreenHunter_01Aug181352.jpg

Otra opción hasta Llanes es ir en autobús.

ScreenHunter_02Aug181359.jpg

Incluso desde el aeropuerto salen autobuses a Llanes.

ScreenHunter_03Aug181401.jpg

If the page has no errors, should have this train.

ScreenHunter_01Aug181352.jpg

Another option is to go by bus Llanes.

ScreenHunter_02Aug181359.jpg

Even buses from the airport to Llanes.

ScreenHunter_03Aug181401.jpg

Hello again Emmet,
The reply from Angulero confirms the train from Santander at 4.10 p.m. The FEVE usually leaves on time but may lose time along the way! In going to Pendueles you will need to walk some 13 kilometers to Llanes. The E9 coast path runs along the top of the cliffs, so from the station just head north when you can. If you can ask you need the "Senda de la costa - numero E9 say ' e nueve' (e as in bed). If you cannot find it I think the Camino runs along the old N634.
I think that I would be inclined to stay on the FEVE for one more station to Vidiago, that will cut your distance down to 10k which will probably be far enough at 6.00p.m. Again, the coast path lies to the north of the village. If I remember there is a 'playa' (beach) near there, so that is the place to head for.

Blessings
Tio Tel

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.