• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Few Questions about VDLP in Spring

Jun Meng

The Only Way I know
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Le Puy
Hello everyone!

I have done the whole Camino Frances in Autume of 2015. It was an amazing adventure and very mysterious spiritual journey.

So I decided to do the VDLP in Spring, 2016. Few questions about this route below:

A: Is it raining a lot in Spring (From the end of April to the middle of May)?
B: How about the humidity level in the daytime and night? Easy dry after laundry?
C: What kind of outfits are the best for this period of time?

Thanks!

Buen Camino!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Very little rain , we had 1/2 a day last April.Pleasantly warm & sunny.
If you are doing your washing by 3pm, no problems drying.
I walked in shorts and t- shirt.

Very little rain , we had 1/2 a day last April.Pleasantly warm & sunny.
If you are doing your washing by 3pm, no problems drying.
I walked in shorts and t- shirt.
Hi, musicman!! thank you very much for the reply!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You are very welcome.

There is an account on my Blog:-

Ensuitepilgrim blog.Wordpress

Hello everyone!

I have done the whole Camino Frances in Autume of 2015. It was an amazing adventure and very mysterious spiritual journey.

So I decided to do the VDLP in Spring, 2016. Few questions about this route below:

A: Is it raining a lot in Spring (From the end of April to the middle of May)?
B: How about the humidity level in the daytime and night? Easy dry after laundry?
C: What kind of outfits are the best for this period of time?

Thanks!

Buen Camino!!

Hi Jun,
I completely agree with musicman. i know there are some who have walked in fall (LTfit comes to mind) and loved it, but I have walked twice in spring and can't imagine a better or more beautiful time. There tends to be a little bubble around Holy Week and Easter, but even then I never had a problem finding places to stay. The wildflowers are amazing, and the infrastructure for pilgrims is very good. I love the VDLP and hope to go back before too long (I had a blog for one of my VDLPs and the link is below in my signature). Buen camino, Laurie

Hola Musicman

As has been said spring is a wonderful time to walk this route - there are stages with wildflowers as far as the eye can see.

Holy Week and Easter are very early next year from 20-27 March. Sevilla gets more than 1 million visitors for Holy Week and the Camino is also busy. Book early if going at that time

As for clothing I'd check the long range forecast nearer the time and plan accordingly but I've walked the route a few times - the first I started on 2 January when I had to wear sunscreen most days.

Enjoy!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
agree with music man completely, but beware the meseta mornings can be fairly cold, I have had frosts in May as you leave warm Extremadura and venture into Salamanca.

Beautiful, unique Camino indeed.

I agree Amancio. I wouldn't be without a good base layer and fleece with which to layer. As you say early mornings and evenings can be bitterly cold in Spring. There are also some elevations on this route which can be very cold. Be prepared!

Wish that I were going in the spring - it is the only season in which I haven't walked the Plata or in fact any Camino. Well I did walk the Levante (Toledo-Zamora) from Easter Sunday on but with 2 degree C temps leaving Àvila it sure didn't feel like spring! Only saw a few brave tulips along the way!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Starting from Sevilla on 8th may this year to Salamanca we never saw one drop of rain ! Temperature above 30 degrees ! We had a wonderful time !

Hi Jun,
I completely agree with musicman. i know there are some who have walked in fall (LTfit comes to mind) and loved it, but I have walked twice in spring and can't imagine a better or more beautiful time. There tends to be a little bubble around Holy Week and Easter, but even then I never had a problem finding places to stay. The wildflowers are amazing, and the infrastructure for pilgrims is very good. I love the VDLP and hope to go back before too long (I had a blog for one of my VDLPs and the link is below in my signature). Buen camino, Laurie
thanks for the imformations, Laurie. I will enjoy it anyway. Buen camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back