• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Fewer trains from Bayonne to SJPdP in September?

BobY333

Time of past OR future Camino
2024 - which Camino? IDK!
2025 CF from SJPdP?
Hi everyone - I'm a planner, so bear with me...We arrive into Biarritz late (8pm) on 13 September. We're planning to take the train from Bayonne to SJPdP on 14 September early in the morning. But, in looking at the Oui/SNCF site, it looks like there are no morning trains at that time of year. Does anyone know if this is the case, or if they just haven't posted them yet? Our alternative would be to stay near Biarritz airport and then try to find others to share a taxi to SJPdP. We're also planning to stay in SJPdP on 14 September until mid-afternoon (after lunch), and then begin the journey by walking to Orrison (assuming we get a reservation) - does this seem reasonable? Thanks for all the great info and help!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi bob we are newbies and are traveling on the 14 sept fly to barritz there is an early morning train we have allready booked it cost us £26.00 leaves barritz at 6am on 15th sept
We have booked an overnight in orrison rhey were very promp inreplying and payment
We are hopefully going to walk all the way to santiago theas are the only plans i intend to make untill my feet touch the camino ill be the very slow snail see you ther

As of now there still aren't any morning trains on 14 September from Bayonne to SJPdP. It looks like they may just have them on the weekends. Express Burricot can't accommodate late when we arrive (we land at 8:20pm) or early on Friday (the earliest they could take us is 10:30am). I'm afraid that would be too late since we will be beginning our pilgrimage that day and staying in Orrison that night (we have a reservation). Does anyone have ideas about other options? We were hoping to get into SJPdP early in the morning on 14 September. Thank you!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back