Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

FICS applying for UNESCO recognition of "traditional Jacobean hospitality"

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
FICS has started the process of applying for UNESCO recognition of "traditional Jacobean hospitality" as Intangible Cultural Heritage. By this they mean albergues run "by volunteers, in the hostels where it is carried out without profit". Something which they argue is a unique feature of the Caminos in need of protection and preservation.

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

SabineP

Veteran Member
some and then more. see my signature.
Thank you!

A worthy entry I believe.

For more info about Intangible Cultural Heritage see this link.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
Great idea, though it's not unique to the Jacobean Ways, but on the Roman ones too, and increasingly the Fátima Ways too (won't count Lourdes, as that has been on a Via Romea since hundreds of years before the Camino even existed, and it's on that too).

Most read last week in this forum

It’s neither simple nor a truth. People owe us – and we in return owe them – behaviour that is free from such negatives as intimidation, denigration and discrimination. And ideally should...
I’ve just had the most amazing meal! Context: after walking for 6 hours and only getting as far as 12km, I bailed and called a taxi to come get me to take me the next 12km to Ponte de Lima, where...
When I arrived in SdC, i was surprised how many rainbow and LGBT comunity I saw in that old catholic city. Did not expected that. What you think about that?