• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Figeac accomodations?

kmccue

Time of past OR future Camino
Seems there are quite a few options in Figeac. Has anyone had experience with either Gite du Gua or Le Soleilho? Any other great spot to recommend?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Seems there are quite a few options in Figeac. Has anyone had experience with either Gite du Gua or Le Soleilho? Any other great spot to recommend?
I stayed at Gite du Gua this past June for 2 nights. I loved this quirky, clean place! It is owned and operated by a French mother and adult son. I found them very welcoming, delightful and the dinner they provided was exquisite! Highly recommend!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The Carmelite's is basic and clean. The Hotel Bar Pyramid is in a great location and a good value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stayed at Gite du Gua and while the gite was fine and mother and son very cool, the dinner was pure stodge. And Mum gave me some incorrect advice that caused a few hours of anguish and more extra km than I'd wanted to walk. Perhaps my worst day! But they were very nice.

Hi,

I suggest "Le coquelicot". Not gone there myself, but met the owner, Marie, when she was the linchpin of another gite before creating this one. Really confident about her, good comments on the net.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Any other great spot to recommend?

My sister and I stayed at the "Hotel" La Pyramide. It was the cheapest place available when we asked at the tourist office. It is on a main square in the centre of Figeac. Basically, it is rooms above the restaurant of the same name. We were a bit dubious when we arrived, as the guy led us up some grubby narrow steps from the back entrance, not at all like a hotel entrance should be :eek:. The room was absolutely perfect though. We decided to stay 2 nights as it was so good and cheap, and we felt like a rest day. This was about 4 years ago, so no idea what it’s like now.

I can recommend the Chambres d'hôtes "Les Pratges."

A beautiful old French house on the south side of the river, excellent breakfast and a short walk across the footbridge to restaurants. A cheaper option is the Hotel au Pont du Pin which is right on the Chemin, and appears to have been done up a bit since I last stayed.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Stayed at Hotel des Bains in 2016. A single ground level room looking directly out onto the river across from the old town. A bit of a treat but the town was fairly full for the time of year (early May). Skip the breakfast unless you are deeply into bread.

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.