A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

LIVE from the Camino *Finally*, the Invierno

2020 Camino Guides

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
I'm SO seriously thinking of walking this Camino in October!
You will completely love it, Sabine. Go!
This is even nicer than the Vasco (even though the food is not as posh).
And the chestnut trees will be dressed in their autumn finery, so As Medulas will be unbelievably gorgeous.

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
And the chestnut trees will be dressed in their autumn finery, so As Medulas will be unbelievably gorgeous.
The extra cost of accomodation is something I will have to take into consideration.
And I only have two weeks off in autumn so I might leave this one till spring 2020.
But yes, it is definitely on the list.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Thank you sooo much for taking us along with you and the beautiful pics.
You're most welcome.
Writing the posts helped keep Chicken Little quiet.
So I have so much gratitude to everone who posted or reacted. Muchas gracias a todos!

Charrito

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés
Portugués
Portugués Var. Esp.
Port. Cost
Fisterra
Inglés
Invierno
Norte
Sanabrés
Primitivo
So Laurie has got you on the As and not Las??????????????????:cool::cool::cool:

kazrobbo

Tassie Kaz
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012)
CP(2015)
St Olavs Way Norway(2016)
88 Temples Japan(2017)
PWC & VF(2019)
Israel (2020)
Finito.
Finally, my feet bring me back to the plaza before the cathedral, with its summertime crowds.

This is the gentlest entry into the city - starting with walking up out of the fog from Ponte Ulla through eucalyptus so tall their tops were in the sun; past Pico Sacra and gathering suburbs, eventually down to the Ermita of Santa Lucia. Then up another ancient road, through a landscape that could be from days ago, in the middle of nowhere: the road graciously threads its way up between two hills, past apses of young chestnuts and through an oak woodland. Once at the top, reality is completely revealed. Suddenly you're under a multi-lane freeway looking straight on at the Citaudad de Cultura. Around the corner and there are the beautiful spires of the cathedral ahead, reached by walking down and up through quiet Sunday steets, until finally meeting the throngs in the old city.
And then thanksgiving.

The whole day was that, actually. Many times a lump formed in my throat as I walked, for countless things large and small - for support that makes this possibele, for the great kindness of the people along the way, and for safe deliverance to its end.

Thank you all for your messages and support, everyone - they have meant a lot. I was afraid I would struggle 'out there,' but this way was only a deepening in joy. If you also have an inner Chicken Little...well, if I can, you can.

Buen camino a todos! And heartfelt greetings from Santiago.
"The sorry relief of arrival..."
Hi Vira,
I know this is late (you're no doubt home & trying to re-settle as I am...)...but I've only just been able to catch up with your postings.
Congratulations; not only on your accomplishment & safe arrival but on your ability to convey the experience & the emotions the trail evokes. Your photos are stunning but you really don't need them...your words capture it beautifully on their own.
Sempre avanti!
👣 🌏

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
@kazrobbo, you know more deeply than the rest of us those places in the heart that the road touches.
Thank you for your kind post...and I hope you have having a smooth re-settling into life at home. Your VF posts were so inspiring, wonderful to read. Thank you for sharing them with all of us!

kazrobbo

Tassie Kaz
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012)
CP(2015)
St Olavs Way Norway(2016)
88 Temples Japan(2017)
PWC & VF(2019)
Israel (2020)
@kazrobbo, you know more deeply than the rest of us those places in the heart that the road touches.
Thank you for your kind post...and I hope you have having a smooth re-settling into life at home. Your VF posts were so inspiring, wonderful to read. Thank you for sharing them with all of us!
I know it's not easy to write of your experiences. Yep, we can all say 'turn left here' or 'go over the bridge' etc but writing how you feel or the impact the trail has on you, especially in a public forum, is a different matter. Thankfully this is a supportive environment with an appreciative audience who 'get it'.
Sharing our experiences shows others (especially women) there really is nothing to be afraid of walking solo.
You're an example of overcoming fears & giving it a go & I bet you wouldn't swap your Invierno experience for anything. Plus by writing about it (& your photos...I still can't believe you took them with a mobile phone!) you've brought enjoyment, encouragement & inspiration to others.
As for Chicken Little?..that's just a children's fable. You're braver & stronger than you think you are; & the sky will not fall no matter what...although the heavens may open more than we'd prefer! 😄
👣 🌏

Last edited:

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 172 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 278 24.4%