• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Find of the day

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Pelegrin. The 1993 Xacobeo mascot. Still a few around here and there on the Caminos. I've always found it a slightly sinister image with those big blank eyes. Two contenders to replace him in 2010 largely sank without trace. I quite like Pingrino but Xubi never really gained much support :)
http://footprintsonthecamino.blogspot.com/2015/04/camino-mascot.html

Saint Knapsack! The patron of all light packers!

angel2-smiley.gif

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If anybody comes across a small "pins" in the shape of Galicia in black with NUNCA MAIS written across it (it's about 1/2" across) can you buy it and I'll refund the cost and postage.
There are two in a shop in SdC but the old lady won't sell - she says they're stuck on the card. I think she's just mean :mad:

There is a large Sargadelos shop in Ferrol with quite few of these figurines on display. No way would I want to continue my Camino with them in my backpack. The most interesting item was a large chess set. I’ll send pix tomorrow.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I totally agree, that is why I bought it.
Hahahahahahahaaaaaa....
Thanks, Don, for making my afternoon.
(I don't know why, but this totally tickles my funny bone.
But watch out. Such things seem to send out invisible signals that attract more of the same - so you may soon find yourself overwhelmed with vast quantities of insanely ugly camino kitsch. And all your 'friends' will start sending you even more, thinking you actually like it. The feedback loop from Hell.)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hey! You stole my pato. Actually, I have one just like it, in my bathroom of course...
I've been looking for a Pato Peregrino for years, came out of the cathedral and there, in a shop by the Praza das Praterias was a bucketful of them!
I'm now struggling with my daughter who wants to "adopt" him - yeah, right. You want one, you do the Walk!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hahahahahahahaaaaaa....
Thanks, Don, for making my afternoon.
(I don't know why, but this totally tickles my funny bone.
But watch out. Such things seem to send out invisible signals that attract more of the same - so you may soon find yourself overwhelmed with vast quantities of insanely ugly camino kitsch. And all your 'friends' will start sending you even more, thinking you actually like it. The feedback loop from Hell.)

Hehe, you ARE grumpy today!! :p

My find of the day was in a local auction after we had returned. One look at the scallop shell carved into the frame and that mirror was definitely going home with me. A daily reminder of our Camino. 20180606_195121.jpg20180606_195140.jpg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Okay, the chess set I am now lusting for along with some ceramic horreos. You are making me wish I hadn’t started this thread A3A08BF8-ECD3-4D20-B1DE-3D0229B74D83.jpeg

Attachments

• 6A2BDE88-6C04-4C85-B35E-A9164CE9F857.jpeg
    6A2BDE88-6C04-4C85-B35E-A9164CE9F857.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Well then, I won’t dwell on the Betanzos tonight. Sure we all know it rains a lot in Galicia but I think the latest weather in May and June has taken it too new heights. Maybe Dougfitz can chime in with some statistics but even the locals have quit smiling.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
So, here I go from the sublime to the ridiculous. What I saw in the Sargadelos shop in A Coruña tonight. They couldn’t just stick to ceramics, they have moved into handbags.FEFD3D5B-AE24-480A-9A14-11C806050F39.jpeg

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My final post to this craziness is from the shop in Santiago, I understand the pilgrim figures but is the second thing supposed to be a Pan Flute?View attachment 43610View attachment 43611
Good grief man, that's opened up yet another can of worms.

First picture: figure 1 has a candy apple? figure 2 upside-down sax/ear trumpet/shepherd's crook? €27???

Picture 2: They all look like scene extras from the classic TV drama series TRUMPTON but I would suggest a Galician Nose Flute . . .

I wanted a Sargadelos handbag ... until I saw the price tag! :eek: For that money, I'll stick with ceramics that don't wear out.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back