• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

finding my way 16.8.2013 11days to go!

cloud86

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago: August - September 2013

Camino de Santiago: August - September 2019
Hi everyone, cheers for the advice over the last few months, its been a great source for information!
I actually looked at my calendar today and not only realised we are in august but its now 11days till I leave! eeeeEEEKK!
All work and no play, two months off I cant wait!
Ive set up a blog on tumblr for anybody that would like to follow my journey, I think its one of the best ways I can give some insight and info back to anybody soon to go on this cool journey in europe!
I watched a few cool amateur documentaries on youtube, too while prepping Ill definitely it ago and post it later in the year!

http://craigjbellcloud.tumblr.com
@craigjbellcloud -my twitter

thanks again from craig ....Beun camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, Craig,
I'm sure you are really excited, there is nothing like a first Camino! Let the anticipation build, but when you take your first step, it will all just become normal.

Looking forward to reading your blog, but the link you provided requires a password. Is there any way to make it generally available?

Enjoy and buen camino to you! Laurie

Hi laurie,
I just updated it, sorry that was a school boy error, 3.30am and no sleep caused that!
link should be fine now cheers!

from craig

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
D. Adams wrote a wonderful book well worth remembering now. It was inscribed "DON'T PANIC" in large, friendly letters on the cover. Very good advice, his few words concerning towels are also very relevant.
Buen Camino
S

"there is nothing like a first Camino! Let the anticipation build..."
Yes, that is so true. I hiked from Pamplona to Burgos; Sarria to Santiago last Sept.The anticipation was stimulating enough but actually doing it was AWESOME! This past May I returned to hike Burgos to Sarria ;Santiago to Finisterre. I guess because it was all so new and different, my 1st hike was more 'stimulating'! I plan on going back to hike some of the other caminos . It can be addictive in a most pleasant WAY!!

Back