• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finding new posts

Pierre Julian

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Ingles, VdP, San Salvador, Aragonese & Northern. Sections of Portuguese & Mozarabic.
Hello, there's a headline which says:

Newest Questions/Threads (Click the blue "New Posts" button above for more)​

But truly, I can't see any button which says that.

When I go into forum threads things don't seem to come up newest first, rather a mixture of old and new threads.

I'm not sure why I'm getting so confused by finding things here these days. Any advice please?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If you use a computer it's at the top of the page under the word forums. On the mobile it's not as easy to find as it used to be. Click the three lines top left - you might also need to the down arrow next to forums and it's the first item in the list that appears.

There is a difference between new threads and new posts. New posts may be to existing threads. The newest threads has the newest three threads at the top of the page.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
On the mobile it's not as easy to find as it used to be. Click the three lines top left - you might also need to the down arrow next to forums and it's the first item in the list that appears.
It looks like this on mobile

Screenshot_20221130-125059.png

I actually have bookmarked the "new posts" URL, and that's how I normally access the site.

The lightning bolt icon up top will present a list of threads that have had posts since some time around the last time clicked. The threads in a bold font have posts that you haven't seen and all the posts in the threads with the lighter font you've been already been presented. The software assumes that you have read them all the last time you were presented them. If you click the title of a boldened thread you will be brought to the first post in the thread that you haven't been presented with yet. If you click one of them you are brought to post #1 of the thread (which I think is a design flaw, you should go to the last one to make it easier to write a new post). Look for the blue highted line that says that the following posts have not been updated since the last use of the lightning bolt.

Last edited:
I hope my reply below helps. It is hard to explain in writing, but once you get it, all will seem obvious! If you are still having trouble, send me a Conversation and we can figure it out.

There are two common ways that people browse the forum:
  • The Forums home page link is first on the menu. The menu is either the blue bar across the top, or possibly small 3 horizontal lines on your phone. Click on it to see all of the different forums and sub-forums, along with some featured feeds such as "Live from the Camino". Go into the forums or sub-forums that interest you. Bold font means you haven't read something yet.
  • Back to the menu, under the word "Forums", there is a selection (either drop down, or horizontal) that includes "New posts". If you click on that, you will see all threads on the forum that have new posts since the last time you visited. They are listed from most recent reply/post to older. (This is the date of most recent reply, not the thread creation date.)
When I go into forum threads things don't seem to come up newest first, rather a mixture of old and new threads.
You may be seeing some "pinned" or "stuck" threads at the top of the list. They may be old but good threads identified by moderators. These threads show a thumb tack or "push pin" icon to the left of the word "Replies." You need to scroll down past any pinned threads to get to the rest of the threads listed starting from the most recent reply.

On the example of the Mozarabe below, there is one pinned thread that was created on Sep 17, 2021, with the most recent reply on Sep 18, 2021. The next thread was created on Mar 26, 2018, but it has a very recent reply from henrythedog on Monday at 2:38 PM.

All the rest of the threads are listed in the order of their most recent replies.
Capture.JPG

Another opportunity for confusion is sub-forum listing. You need to scroll down past all the sub-forum names to get to the chronological (backwards) listing of all threads in the forum. See the example below.
Capture1.JPG

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.