Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.

Finding Orange at the Madrid Airport

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
Hi all. Not sure if I am posting in the right spot. I have a simple question. I will be arriving in Terminal 4 at the Madrid Airport at about 3PM on a Saturday. I will be sleeping near the airport. I always use a monthly plan with Orange on every Camino. There is one plan that works great for me. I have checked the airport website and can't seem to find any info about Orange or any other mobile phone carrier at the airport. Does anyone know if there is an Orange Kiosk or shop at the airport and the location.
Thanks in advance.

Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Hi all. Not sure if I am posting in the right spot. I have a simple question. I will be arriving in Terminal 4 at the Madrid Airport at about 3PM on a Saturday. I will be sleeping near the airport. I always use a monthly plan with Orange on every Camino. There is one plan that works great for me. I have checked the airport website and can't seem to find any info about Orange or any other mobile phone carrier at the airport. Does anyone know if there is an Orange Kiosk or shop at the airport and the location.
Thanks in advance.
Seems like there isn't one exactly in the airport but one very close in the old part of Barajas itself:
If you reserved your bed nearby that shouldn't be too far away although it's closer to T1-3. Good luck.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Seems like there isn't one exactly in the airport but one very close in the old part of Barajas itself:
If you reserved your bed nearby that shouldn't be too far away although it's closer to T1-3. Good luck.
Thanks so much oh Kinky One. Hoping there was a kiosk or store at airport. But I found one on the store locater about 3/4 kilometer walk from my hotel. Soooo far to walk ;). Off the next morning to Pamplona and than on to SJPP for a slightly longer walk.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

lovetoread3

Frances Abril 2018; Primitivo May 2018
Thanks in advance.
Just a thought, did you confirm the hours on the Saturday for that Orange shop? Sometimes they close at the siesta and do not re-open on Saturday and some are closed on Sunday as well. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Buen camino :)

Dobinsky-Paral

I plan to walk starting this September and finishing in October, 2017
There is a electronics shop in Barajas where you can buy an Orange SIM card. It is open normal business hours.

jmcarp

Veteran Member
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino del Norte a Chimayó (USA), 2015
Camino Portugues, 2017
Thanks so much oh Kinky One. Hoping there was a kiosk or store at airport. But I found one on the store locater about 3/4 kilometer walk from my hotel. Soooo far to walk ;). Off the next morning to Pamplona and than on to SJPP for a slightly longer walk.
There are several Orange stores in Pamplona. Look on Google Maps.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Just a thought, did you confirm the hours on the Saturday for that Orange shop? Sometimes they close at the siesta and do not re-open on Saturday and some are closed on Sunday as well. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Buen camino :)
You are right about that and I had forgotten that fact. I found a store open until 9 in a mall near my hotel. Thanks

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Casa Ivar Pin
Custom hard enamel pin badge with silver coloured locking pin. Size: 30 mm.

Kanga

Staff member
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
I see that @lt56ny has found a sim, but for the information of others, there is an electronics shop selling Orange sim cards in T4 at Barajas - it is upstairs.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
I see that @lt56ny has found a sim, but for the information of others, there is an electronics shop selling Orange sim cards in T4 at Barajas - it is upstairs.
Is that a kiosk or a tobacco shop that is near the entrance to the Metro? if it is I have read some really bad things about that place. I have no idea if I am correct or spreading bad information. I remember reading a thread about that a while back.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads