• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finding Orange at the Madrid Airport

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Vasco, Meseta, Portugues Coastal
Hi all. Not sure if I am posting in the right spot. I have a simple question. I will be arriving in Terminal 4 at the Madrid Airport at about 3PM on a Saturday. I will be sleeping near the airport. I always use a monthly plan with Orange on every Camino. There is one plan that works great for me. I have checked the airport website and can't seem to find any info about Orange or any other mobile phone carrier at the airport. Does anyone know if there is an Orange Kiosk or shop at the airport and the location.
Thanks in advance.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi all. Not sure if I am posting in the right spot. I have a simple question. I will be arriving in Terminal 4 at the Madrid Airport at about 3PM on a Saturday. I will be sleeping near the airport. I always use a monthly plan with Orange on every Camino. There is one plan that works great for me. I have checked the airport website and can't seem to find any info about Orange or any other mobile phone carrier at the airport. Does anyone know if there is an Orange Kiosk or shop at the airport and the location.
Thanks in advance.
Seems like there isn't one exactly in the airport but one very close in the old part of Barajas itself:
If you reserved your bed nearby that shouldn't be too far away although it's closer to T1-3. Good luck.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Seems like there isn't one exactly in the airport but one very close in the old part of Barajas itself:
If you reserved your bed nearby that shouldn't be too far away although it's closer to T1-3. Good luck.
Thanks so much oh Kinky One. Hoping there was a kiosk or store at airport. But I found one on the store locater about 3/4 kilometer walk from my hotel. Soooo far to walk ;). Off the next morning to Pamplona and than on to SJPP for a slightly longer walk.

Thanks in advance.
Just a thought, did you confirm the hours on the Saturday for that Orange shop? Sometimes they close at the siesta and do not re-open on Saturday and some are closed on Sunday as well. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Buen camino :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks so much oh Kinky One. Hoping there was a kiosk or store at airport. But I found one on the store locater about 3/4 kilometer walk from my hotel. Soooo far to walk ;). Off the next morning to Pamplona and than on to SJPP for a slightly longer walk.
There are several Orange stores in Pamplona. Look on Google Maps.

There are several Orange stores in Pamplona. Look on Google Maps.
I found a Orange store in the Central Commercial Plenilunio near my hotel in Barajas that is open until 9PM

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Just a thought, did you confirm the hours on the Saturday for that Orange shop? Sometimes they close at the siesta and do not re-open on Saturday and some are closed on Sunday as well. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Buen camino :)
You are right about that and I had forgotten that fact. I found a store open until 9 in a mall near my hotel. Thanks

I see that @lt56ny has found a sim, but for the information of others, there is an electronics shop selling Orange sim cards in T4 at Barajas - it is upstairs.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I see that @lt56ny has found a sim, but for the information of others, there is an electronics shop selling Orange sim cards in T4 at Barajas - it is upstairs.
Is that a kiosk or a tobacco shop that is near the entrance to the Metro? if it is I have read some really bad things about that place. I have no idea if I am correct or spreading bad information. I remember reading a thread about that a while back.

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.