• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finding SUNJOO an old friend Aug-sept 2011

Alanlpool

Time of past OR future Camino
Aug-Sept 2011
Please forgive this thread but I have tried hard to find a Camino friend who appeared In a film we made during August to September 2011 on the Camino frances route

Her name was Sunjoo, a South Korean but who lived in Australia, as you know second names are rare on the Camino and her email was lost. She was in the film we made and was amazing and many people have commented on her and over the years I’ve tried many avenues but she wasn’t social media savvy but this was 9 years ago...
I know we are like passing ships or stars on the Camino and we filmed many different pilgrims but also made many friends

Anyone walking that route then and remember a camera and sound guy following 2 pilgrims from the U.K. and might have remembered or kept in contact with Sunjoo, aged 18

Attachments

• 5AF11648-7C98-4A7E-81C2-8C4FA96B5447.jpeg
    5AF11648-7C98-4A7E-81C2-8C4FA96B5447.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hello Alan.
It has been great watching your film many many times. Your new friends Sun Joo and Luciano, as well as your home friends Jody and Tom are all good fellow pilgrims. I have walked the Camino every year since 2014 and sadly this year's has had to be cancelled. From previous pilgrimages I have lots of friends from many different countries who are now friends on Facebook. Good luck with finding Sun Joo.
Mike

Hello Alan.
It has been great watching your film many many times. Your new friends Sun Joo and Luciano, as well as your home friends Jody and Tom are all good fellow pilgrims. I have walked the Camino every year since 2014 and sadly this year's has had to be cancelled. From previous pilgrimages I have lots of friends from many different countries who are now friends on Facebook. Good luck with finding Sun Joo.
Mike

Mike, Thankyou so much! So glad you enjoyed the film, so you understand why I was trying to find Sunjoo, she was an amazing person to walk with but also because I don’t think she ever seen the film, hopefully one day our paths will cross again.
How did you come across the film?

Yes your right this is a strange time for so many things but walking the Camino wasn’t something that was thought of until it really hits home that we ask will we ever be able to walk ‘the way’ or not for a while I’d say...
Thankyou Mike for your message! Hope your staying well and all your family
Alan

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Alan, I was looking for some Camino items on Amazon back in 2016 which was where I spotted your film so ordered it straight away.

Who knows when life will be getting back to normal? Now living alone and being in my 70's I am keeping fine thankyou. Hope you are too Alan.

In your film, when you got that email cancelling your meeting with Paulo because he had to release his new book, I thought he had named it after you (Al F) haha.

Alan, I was looking for some Camino items on Amazon back in 2016 which was where I spotted your film so ordered it straight away.

Who knows when life will be getting back to normal? Now living alone and being in my 70's I am keeping fine thankyou. Hope you are too Alan.

In your film, when you got that email cancelling your meeting with Paulo because he had to release his new book, I thought he had named it after you (Al F) haha.

Haha al f (I like that!) I did eventually meet him, he found the film and then called me and invited me to Prague, I should have filmed it as it was in the castle in Prague for his birthday... but it was only then I realised after walking in shoes to the castle that my feet was ripped to pieces more than the Camino, like my walk was finally over... and when I met him, even though so thankful, I realised there was something more powerful than him that had led me personally on that Camino...

So I continued my pilgrimage by walking across Ireland with a group (the Irish guys right at the end at Santiago film) and so began my journey back to my faith... the pilgrimage is to Knock each year and it is only 5 days but yet as powerful as 4-5 weeks on the Camino... they walk 25-30 miles a day with only a few stops!! Crazy Irish haha that documentary The Road to Knock was more personal... I finally filmed the final walk but still editing and that will be called The Road to Walsingham, a pilgrimage in U.K. which long forgotten but was more important than Santiago a 1000 years ago only because of the reformation that people stopped pilgrimaging there!!!

So glad your well... and walking?

Attachments

• 7F576C57-633C-4F1E-91B7-4BACBAF7082B.jpeg
    7F576C57-633C-4F1E-91B7-4BACBAF7082B.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 9
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Where can I find this film? Sure would like to watch it.
'The Road to Santiago' dvd. It is still available in the UK from Amazon.

Last edited:
Congratulations Alan on meeting Paulo. I have read quite a few of his books and still have The Alchemist which I have read several times.

One of my Camino friends Dermot Breen is Irish and we met in 2016 on the way from Santiago to Muxia. He had walked the Norte then was on his way to Muxia and Finisterre. He did it in memory of his wife who had passed away the previous year, and once home he wrote a book 'The Man With The Camino Tattoo' in which I am mentioned on a few pages. He has since done many more walks including great paths in Ireland and written a number of books all to raise cancer charity funds in memory of his wife.

As I live on the northern edge of Dartmoor, that is where I am walking every day at the moment. Hopefully next year the Camino will be back open.

Good luck to you Alan in keeping safe and fit and when we get back to normal I am sure you will enjoy your future walks. Meanwhile continue getting that next film sorted out as it will be another good one to watch.

All the very best,
Mike

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Congratulations Alan on meeting Paulo. I have read quite a few of his books and still have The Alchemist which I have read several times.

One of my Camino friends Dermot Breen is Irish and we met in 2016 on the way from Santiago to Muxia. He had walked the Norte then was on his way to Muxia and Finisterre. He did it in memory of his wife who had passed away the previous year, and once home he wrote a book 'The Man With The Camino Tattoo' in which I am mentioned on a few pages. He has since done many more walks including great paths in Ireland and written a number of books all to raise cancer charity funds in memory of his wife.

As I live on the northern edge of Dartmoor, that is where I am walking every day at the moment. Hopefully next year the Camino will be back open.

Good luck to you Alan in keeping safe and fit and when we get back to normal I am sure you will enjoy your future walks. Meanwhile continue getting that next film sorted out as it will be another good one to watch.

All the very best,
Mike

Yes it was the end of the Road when I met him... but a new road began!!
So you got that big outdoors near you, great stuff... I was in the Navy for a few years when I was 17 and they had us going to Dartmoor, never been back, love to see more of UK now I can’t...!
Dermot Breen does ring a bell... have to have a read!
Stay well Mike!

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back