• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finished my Camino Portugués from Tui

Pelegrin

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Just finished my Camino Portugués from Tui (International bridge):

! day Tui ----------- O Porriño 15 kms Hotel Parque
2 day O Porriño ---- Pontevedra 36 kms Hotel Avenida
3 day Pontevedra---- Caldas de Rei 21 kms Hotel Balneario Dávila (massage)
4 day Caldas----------Padrón 18 kms Hotel Ribera (pimentos, pulpo á feira)
5 day Padrón ------- Santiago 23 kms Hotel Lasalle (roof tour, pilgrim mass)

Everything was very good with the exception of a stupid race with a group of pilgrims including running I fell down and I still have bruises in my face. Never more races in my Caminos.
I met a Californian pilgrim girl about 25 who walked with 2 Portuguese boys who spoke a perfect Galician language with a perfect Galician accent. He told me she has been living in Galicia for only 4 years, She spoke so good that I changed from Galician to English to check she was lying about her Californian origin.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Congratulations! Except for the bruises, sounds like a great walk!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Congratulations!

Next camino when?
My next short Camino next year ( si Dios quiere) will be Santiago ---Fisterra I don' have enough time for longer Caminos for family reasons.
I would like to mention that after my fall I was dirty and had blood
in my face and hands I asked in the first house that I found if I could wash my injuries They let me in to the bathroom on first floor with a very friendly attitude . Good people!!

Everything was very good with the exception of a stupid race with a group of pilgrims including running I fell down and I still have bruises in my face. Never more races in my Caminos.
I met a Californian pilgrim girl about 25 who walked with 2 Portuguese boys who spoke a perfect Galician language with a perfect Galician accent. He told me she has been living in Galicia for only 4 years, She spoke so good that I changed from Galician to English to check she was lying about her Californian origin.

I dont understand what you mean by stupid race with group of pilgrims.

Instead of cursing the place where you fell, you should seek out what it was that made you fall. A stupid race with pilgrims ????Thats a new one for me

From my experience sometimes there are races among pilgrims because competion is a fact in our world Are they good or bad? This could be a new thread.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back