• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finished my Camino..

clearskiescamino

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many to mention...
I'm in Leon since the morning and sad to say my Camino this year is over. Back to Dublin tomorrow after a walk from Logrono to Leon. I met loads of people and the plan is to go back next year and walk more.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
clearskies said:
...from Logrono to Leon.

Can you summarized the weather? How many days it took? Where do you stay? what would you change?

I started in Logroño on May 18th. were you there? :D

Olivares said:
clearskies said:
...from Logrono to Leon.

Can you summarized the weather? How many days it took? Where do you stay? what would you change?

I started in Logroño on May 18th. were you there? :D

Hi there
The weather was a tale of two halves.
Logrono to Najera - lovely sunny day, probably too hot
Najera to Burgos - windy, wet, miserable weather. Didn't like this part at all due to the weather.
Burgos to Leon - amazingly sunny, no clouds, nearly uncomfortable during the meseta.

It took me 12 days, could have walked I longer as there were a number of 30km+ days. Today was practically a rest day- 20km :)

In Logrono and Najera, I stayed in local pensions that I booked before I left.
Santo Domingo - Casa Santo
Belorado - Cuatro Cantones
Atapuerca - the municipal
Burgos - the municipal
Hontanas - the municipal
Boadilla del Camino - En El Camino
Carrion de Los Condes - Santa Maria Parochial
Terradillos - Los Templarios
Bercanios de Real camino - The municipal
Mansilla de Mulas - the municipal
Leon - I had pre booked a pension.

What would I change? Not much to be honest. Maybe the weather before Burgos but I had no problem with a little rain. A little less snoring would be great too ;)

I started on the 26th so I doubt I saw you. I did see another forum member with a badge however.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back