• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finished the amazing Camino Portugués...

MarcelWals

Walking a Camino = a way of living...
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances,Portugues,Finisterre-Muxia,Ingles,Primitiv
CP silhouet.jpg

I finished my Camino Portugués...and what can I say? I tried to explain friends/family the feeling what a camino gives you. I showed pictures to them but you know what it is? I can't find the right word to describe to walk a camino. Even it was my second one. I had such a wonderful time there. Met friends probably for life, had such good conversations with lots of pelgrims, eat such nice food, good drinks and had lots of fun. I did de central one + the espiritual one (incl boat). Spoke to locals, fell in love with Portugal (and the people who lives there) and it will take some time to let the feelings will land in my mind. It was a spiritual journey from day 1 till the end. Man oh man....so excited!!!

For now I'm filled with emotions....

I had to share this.....

Marcel

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Well done Marcel. I also thought it was a fantastic camino. The people were so nice and helpful, which makes such a difference. Soak it all in. I'm sure there are a few more in you yet!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You will for sure enjoy it, John....

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
View attachment 41899

I finished my Camino Portugués...and what can I say? I tried to explain friends/family the feeling what a camino gives you. I showed pictures to them but you know what it is? I can't find the right word to describe to walk a camino. Even it was my second one. I had such a wonderful time there. Met friends probably for life, had such good conversations with lots of pelgrims, eat such nice food, good drinks and had lots of fun. I did de central one + the espiritual one (incl boat). Spoke to locals, fell in love with Portugal (and the people who lives there) and it will take some time to let the feelings will land in my mind. It was a spiritual journey from day 1 till the end. Man oh man....so excited!!!

I had to share this.....

Marcel

View attachment 41899

I had to share this.....

Marcel

I think you are right .The Camino Portuguese is nog only great because of the landscape but also thanks to the beautiful friendly people in that land IT was just amazone what they did

A selection of Camino Jewellery
View attachment 41899

I had to share this.....

Marcel

Marcel,
This post expresses very well the emotions you feel you cannot explain in words. A journey such as yours and many of these stories of new and meaningful friendships and experiences touches my heart. Enjoy the beautiful emotions until you are ready for the next journey. Congratulations to you for completing your Camino.
Jenine

View attachment 41899

I had to share this.....

Marcel
Hi Marcel, well done! Where did you start and how long was your pilgrimage in days?

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back