• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finishing my camino

rioja routard

I have done Burgos to Ponferrada in July, planning on finishing the Camino from Ponferrada on 27 August to Santiago if my ex wife decides I can't see my daughters, who are 350 miles away! If she does let me see them then I will travel to Sarria on 4/5 September, need to get to Santiago for 9 September. How busy can I expect the last 100km in terms of accomodation and pilgrims on the way or does it tend to quieten down around this time? I tend to set off when I get kicked out of bed around 8 and walk to around 4 or 5 pm. Any recommendations for Hostals Albergues on the way?

Buen camino to everyone

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello James,
I have finished the camino last Sunday in the afternoon and it was amazing. Reading your posts I felt with you. It is hard not being able to get in contact with your daughters. But feeling sad all the time doesn't help them or you.
Keep on sharing this camino forum. Here are people which think for you and want to (and will) help you if possible on the road or responding to your posts. And walk the camino as you think to want to do it.
Once you will see your daughters and Santiago and it will be a wonderful feeling. In my mind I am with you.
All the best for you and your camino.
Bernd

thanks for your good wishes

Bernard

Thanks for your words and encouragement.

I'm not too sad anymore, and I'm no longer weak. The Camino has already given me spiritual healing.

Courage, strength and faith = lack of fear.

I agree there are some good kind people on this site, like minded people who are passionate about the beauty of the Camino, whether they have Christian faith or just strong spiritual beliefs. Everyone is united in the power of walking, of meeting others on the same road and discovering special things about themselves.

Looking forwards to once again taking that road.

Peace

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
You will get a palce always... providing you sget in there by 2 p.m. Tricastella is a bit hard as there is only one Xunta...
But there are many albergues that will put you up for a about six oer seven Euros..
Also, the one in oCerebreiro.. is bad.. Try and take the one before and walk on...
Sarria onwards many places.. as usual.. Palais de Rei etc.. In Santiago thee is a good seminary with plenty of beds..

Good luck
Buen Camino

I think the O'Cebreiro one is really stretched because a) it's at the top of a steep climb so many people who've walked from well before there decide it's a good resting point; b) it also provides a good starting point if you've got about 7-9 days for your camino; c) it is a fantastic place to wake up and start the day if you get clear skies and clouds in the valley below!

Further on, I get the impression that Palas de Rei isn't as well catered for as it should be. There's a really nice looking, new albergue on the way into town but I understand that, although it looks completed on the outside, it still hasn't been opened :(

My caveat is that I've only experienced the route as a camper (with a support vehicle carrying the tents) so, at most of the stops, I've seen the showers and toilets of the public albergues but haven't experienced sleeping in them.

Wulf

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back