• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Finisterra Accommodation? Cheap????

Ooooops! Posted this originally in misc' - sorry.

I've been refused access to the municipal albergue (didn't walk all the way from Santiago) and it looks like the privates are closed. Any tips on cheap pensions/hostals? Only came here to do a painting for my next project, and I'm on an extremely tight budget - like €20 max for a bed.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hola,

Go up on the right past the albergue. At the top, on your left on the way to the Cabo are a couple of cheap but clean and friendly Hostal/Pension. I can't remember the name of the one where I stayed but if it can be of some help, it's all decorated with fishermen and sailors' stuff. Cost around 12 Euros.

Best of luck,
Jean-Marc

Thanks for the quick reply.

All seems to be working out OK. Private albergue (San Miguel??? - not exactly sure of the name) is open. So, sorted for a dry bed, and I've met some good people here already. Have work lined up for tomorrow at Bar La Pirata. I think! It will pay for food and drink at least.

But, why this new competition between the municipals and the privates. The municipal here didn't just tell me I wasn't allowed to stay, they also refused to give any information about private albergues. Plenty of info on hostals.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi John,
Why don't you print up some posters with your lovely artwork asking for private accommodation with a local family? Distribute them around the town. Much better overall experience I would have thought and also a chance to get to know some Gallegos and practise your Spanish (Gallego?) and perhaps a little extra income for them.
Just a thought.
Tracy

At the bus stop, as the buses arrive, older women will mention they have a private home and will rent a room. I stayed in one and it was great.
I found as I walked into Santiago I was approached many times by older women offering rooms for rent.
Check around.
Lillian

Back