• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finisterra to A Coruña airport

peregrino99

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2003)
Via de la Plata (2004)
Camino Portuguese de la Costa 2017
Hello All,
Can I make an 11:00 am flight out of Coruña leaving Finisterra on the 7:10 morning bus?
Thanks for any suggestions or info.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The good news is that A Coruna is a very small airport with only a short distance between the front door, check-in and the boarding gates. Hard to get lost there :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'm looking at the Monbus site http://www.monbus.es/es/rutas-puntos-de-venta

I picked a date of July 11 to see a busy time of year. Looks like the earliest arrival in Santiago is close to 8:00 (if leaving Finisterre between 6 and 7). From there to Coruña there is a bus leaving at 8:00 and arriving at the Coruña bus station at 9:30. If you miss the 8:00 bus the next is at 9:00.

Maybe bus to SdC and taxi from there?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hello All,
Can I make an 11:00 am flight out of Coruña leaving Finisterra on the 7:10 morning bus?
Thanks for any suggestions or info.

No.

0710 bus arrives at A Coruna EA at 0915 ... at which point you still need to get from the bus station to the airport, check-in, go through security and board the plane. Yeah, sure ... you might make it ... but I doubt it.

While the time tables are usually fairly accurate, I can tell you from my own experience in 2016 on this route, that there can be delays due to (believe it or not) traffic, road construction, traffic collisions and other bus stops along the way. This was a miserable long bus ride... Good luck !

Thanks all,
I think I'll take a taxi from Finisterra to Coruña early that morning, if available. Otherwise, overnight in Coruña sounds prudent.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi all,
I’ve not booked my flight home yet and figure out Fisterra check out 25th June..
la coruna has flight that evening ( is it enough time to get there) or stay overnight in Santiago and fly home following day...?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
So..... thinking as this very well may apply to me if God Willing I do end in Finisterre.
Say on a Saturday morning I need to "vamoose" to a given Airport to fly home. Now, due to various things in play there is no 'extra day' - I have to get out that Saturday.
So - is it 'easier' to try to get to (and ultimately fly out of) A Coruña or go back to SdC?
Given the fact that I am jumping over the pond - none of the airports above will give me the N/S so, again, timetable and getting there convenience as well as variety of choices to get to some 'major' airport (Madrid, DUB, LHR... no matter at this point)
Thanks

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back