• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finisterre-Muxia-Santiago Compostela?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I'm starting CF from SJPDP in couple weeks. If I reach SDC in good enough time, and decide to go ahead and complete the Camino Finistere/Muxxia, do I need to get a new Credencial from Pilgrims office in SDC ? Has anyone done this Camino on foot, who could answer these questions....do you know how long it generally takes, and are the albergues as numerous as they are on the CF?

Hola - no need for a new credencial if there is space in your existing one. The route is lovely and takes 4/5 days. There is accommodation quite regularly spaced. If you do to the Tourist Office of Galicia at number 32 in the same street as the Pilgrims' Office they will give you all of the information you require.
Thank you Johnnie, I have an unused Credencial for Via de la Plata (it has just one sello at seville), can I take it for stamps in case my new one runs out along the CF, just in case. What do people normally do ...say if they take it slowly along the CF and their credencial becomes full of stamps before the end?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thank you Johnnie, I have an unused Credencial for Via de la Plata (it has just one sello at seville), can I take it for stamps in case my new one runs out along the CF, just in case. What do people normally do ...say if they take it slowly along the CF and their credencial becomes full of stamps before the end?

Yes - credenciales are not route specific - you can use them on any route.

Buen camino

John

Hi! Peregrina Nicole is back! This year I'm planning on doing Muxia-Fisterra-Santiago as a route to get a Compostela. If Fisterra-Muxia-Santiago is OK, I'm assuming that the other way around is too. I was wondering where I could find a bux timetble to get out to Muxia. I'm sure it must be on the forum somewhere, but I'm not used to this layout.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thinking of doing the above as first camino. Does it qualify for compostela? Thks!
Yes it does. I've just done Muxia to Fisterra to Santiago and it does qualify for a Compostella. You have to get at least two sellos per day. It is a beautiful route but the route finding is difficult as you are going against the arrows. I'm not sure I would recommend this as a first time Camino unless you are experienced at route finding. I would definately recommend getting the John Brierley Camino Finisterre book. This has maps and it helps. However, I still got lost in a few place and I've done 7 caminos. In fact, everyone I met going 'my way' got lost. I was told (after arriving in Santiago) that there is a smart phone app that you can download and shows you where you are on the route using GPS. This would have helped. I'm currently writing a post about this route. I hope to be able to post it tomorrow.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I walked Santiago, Muxia and ended my Camino in Finisterre. Most beautiful walking. I got a Compostella for the walk from Santiago to Muxia and then a Compostella in Finisterre. Just keep in mind for the walk between Muxia and Finisterre (and vice versa) you need to get a Sello at Lires. One does need to keep an eye open for the arrows as they point both towards Muxia and Finisterre.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back