A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

Finisterre surfing?

aoife2018

Camino(s) past & future
Hi guys. I just finished my first Camino and I am now traveling to finisterre. I was wondering if anyone knows of surf equipment rental in the area. Google is trying to sell me packages so I know there's a beach . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old Crow

Camino(s) past & future
2014 Pamplona - SDC - Finisterre - Muxcia.
2015 SJPDP - SDC - Finisterre -Muxcia - Santiago.
2017 SJPDP - SDC. Ingles, SDC - Finisterre - Muxcia - SDC.
There are two beaches at Finisterre. The inside beach, with the harbor, is in the pictures. Just behind the town, a short walk, is a beach on the open Atlantic, where there is good surf. Look for signs for Mar de Fora. This is a beautiful spot. This beach is not recommended for inexperienced swimmers.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, May-June (2017)
Ingles-Finisterre (2018)
When I was in A Coruña, the surf was definitely up. 30 minutes by train from Santiago.

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2, El Norte incompleto
When I was in A Coruña, the surf was definitely up. 30 minutes by train from Santiago.
And A Coruña is a great place to "de Camino" for a couple of days. Great beaches and restaurants, but for me the best was the fact that the city is on a small peninsula, and there is a walkway all around the city, going past such sights as the Tower of Hercules lighthouse, and a spherical glass elevator that takes you up/down the side of a hill with a beautiful park at the top.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, May-June (2017)
Ingles-Finisterre (2018)
I have to laugh, after walking the CF, I ended up in A Coruña. I asked at my hotel about how to get to the Tower and was told it was 4-5 km around the promenade. As I started out the door, the Valet insisted that he’d call a Taxi. After averaging 25km a day, 8km round trip was just funny, even in the rain and wind. To tie this all together, the storm that enveloped all of Galicia late last June was why the surf was up.

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Most replies

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.6%
  • May