• Update: The images and attachemnets are now back, we are generating new thumbnails.... (this takes time with 20 years of photos). I know the notification icon gives an error. That error should be gone within an hour or two. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finisterre to Muxia - Camino os Faros

Jenny Fortune

Time of past OR future Camino
Northern camino
Apparently a book has just been published on the Finisterre to Muxia camino. Can someone tell me the title and where to order it?
Also, I am looking at the Camino os faros route - are there places to stay on this route between Finisterre and Muxia?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I found someiInformation brochures about that route "camino dos faros" in the restaurante/hostel "As Eiras" in Lires.

Both Finisterre and Muxía seem to be on that route which continues from lighthouse to lighthouse ("faro") along the coast to Malpica.

In Santiago you could buy a badge "Camino dos Faros 186 km" - so I guess that is the length of this camino.

Apparently a book has just been published on the Finisterre to Muxia camino. Can someone tell me the title and where to order it?
Also, I am looking at the Camino os faros route - are there places to stay on this route between Finisterre and Muxia?
This is official site for Camino dos Faros (Way of the Lighthouses):
http://www.caminodosfaros.com/en/
I don't know if it is signposted in both ways but the stages are from Malpica towards Muxia and Fisterra. @jerbear walked it so maybe contact him personally.

Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you all for your help.
Does anyone know of a place to stay about halfway between Muxia and Lires? We are thinking of doing the coastal path, but it is 36 k and too far for us for one day.
Jenny

Thank you all for your help.
Does anyone know of a place to stay about halfway between Muxia and Lires? We are thinking of doing the coastal path, but it is 36 k and too far for us for one day.
Jenny
Hi, Jenny,

From Muxia to Lires is "only" 16km. And from Lires to Fisterra another 14km. I doubt you need two overnight stops.
But both distances on Camino dos Faros might be longer. I wouldn't know.

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back