• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finisterre to Santiago

BoscoPaul

Mo chara

On route 21st-26th July with my wife on our first Camino. Question what is the best to stay in pension, hostel, alberque or what? Not looking for 4* but basic clean quality accomodation where we can eat as well. Has anyone covered this route and can provide a list of stops and costs?

Slan
Pól

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello!

At http://www.mundicamino.com/rutas.cfm?id=41 you can find a listing of the albergues as well as other accommodation between Finisterre and Santiago. I have walked this route five times in the past years and would be happy to provide you with further information if you send me a personal message.

Buen Camino!

The way I do in 4 stages:
Stage 1-Negreira (22km): I recommend the Hotel "Tamara" sleeping 45 € the double room,
Stage 2-Abeleiroas (26km): The hotel "Casa Jurjo" in La Picota Mazaricos, is 4 km from Olveiroa but you are free to pick up the road, in my case I picked up at Lago 25 km from Negreira.
Stage 3-Cee (25km): The Hotel "Insua" in the center of town
Stage 4-Finisterre (17km): Hotel "Playa Langosteira"
In all the room rates are € 45/55.
The phones and emails of the sites I have not but Google surely come.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi there, was having trouble starting a new topic do am tagging on here. Just finished the St Jean to Santiago two days ago and have decided to walk on to Finisterre and Muxia leaving tomorrow morning. Now am sitting in hotel room freaking out. Where do I start and is it well marked? Should have gone today to get a map but have left it too late now and am starting early tomorrow morning :). I know the route starts at the Cathedral........ ? Thanks in advance to anyone out there :), Heather

This is from Johnnie Walker's guide:

From the Praza do Obradoiro in Santiago and with your back to the cathedral, pass in front of the Hostal de la Reyes Católicos (on your R), go down the slope in front of its garage (this is the Costa do Cristo), then down some steps and along the Rúa das Hortas ahead. (Many of the older houses on this street have scallop shells in the stone lintels above the doors). Veer R at the end into Rúa Campo das Hortas and turn L at traffic lights to cross Rúa do Pombal via pedestrian crossing. Continue ahead down Rúa do Cruceiro do Gaio (the first of two streets in front of you) and then along the Rúa da Poza de Bar (unnamed at start); this then becomes the Rúa de San Lourenzo.
At the Carballeira de San Lourenzo (a small, shady park with seats, a fountain and a lot of old oak trees) there is the first camino tile and clear yellow arrows. Here you can either:
a) Keep Straight On ahead to visit the (former Franciscan monastery) church of San Lourenzo de Trasouto (normal visiting hours Tuesdays and Thursdays 11-1 & 4.30-6-30, otherwise open at Mass times) and then retrace your steps, crossing the Carballeira diagonally alongside the monastery garden wall (on the Costa do Cano) and veering L to pick up the camino ahead or:
b) turn R (coming from the cathedral) down the Roblada de San Lourenzo (signposted “Sanatorio”). Shortly afterwards veer L down a cement road (Corredoira dos Muiños) leading you downhill to cross the bridge over the Río Sarela in hamlet of Ponte Sarela.

Or - just follow other pilgrims also walking to Fistera!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

yesterday a very dear friend passed away, a wonderful lady I have known since I started working in the Middle East 15 years ago (she was Muslim- only writing that as it was strange to others she...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back