C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
There seems to have been a fire in the hospedaje de Torre Vilarińo published from elgreso.es at de Camino de Invierno facebook page. 😥

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There seems to have been a fire in the hospedaje de Torre Vilarińo published from elgreso.es at de Camino de Invierno facebook page. 😥

Oh this is such horrible news. The article I saw in the Galician press says it started in the kitchen, probably because of a short circuit, and that the entire guest house was destroyed (there are several other buildings on the property where some of the family lives). Luckily no one was harmed — there were 18 people staying there (5 children), a group of biologists studying diseases affecting pine trees in the areas.

On our recent Invierno zooms, many of us talked about how great a night there was — it enabled you to walk a 6 km loop with gorgeous views over the Minho, it was next door to an ethnographic museum, with a prehistoric hill fort up on the hill behind it. I surely hope they are well-insured and will rebuild soon, but this must be a terrible blow to them as they were probably hoping to be opening soon.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Oh my gosh this is so terrible. I had such a lovely stay there, it's a beautiful place and as Laurie mentions above, the area is rich with wonderful places to explore. Thankfully no one was hurt. I'm thinking of Susanna and her wonderfully kind staff. Very very sad.

Last edited:
Oh, nòooooo.
Such terrible news. This was a special place.
I am very glad no-one was hurt, and like others hope their insurance policy is a generous one.

And I am thinking of Invierno walkers like myself who were grateful for Torre Vilarino for breaking what would have been a long day, as well as for the owners and staff of the hotel.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Such sad news - such a great place & lovely people - was due to stay there a month ago on the Invierno but cancelled because of the CoVid situation...

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back