• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Camino one month away :-)

haribon

Time of past OR future Camino
(2017)
My wife and I are finally setting off on our first Camino on April 13 from Tui. Sadly we can only spare a week for the walk before having to return to the kids and the office. This forum has been such a great help, I found so much useful info and advise without even having to ask my own questions. I just want to thank everyone whose words I've come across here and touched me, especially the regular contributors. One thing I've realised before even making my first step in Spain is that the Camino is in so many ways a community. If anyone is on the last leg from Tui to SdC on Holy Week and sees a Filipino couple on the way, don't be a stranger. We are excitedly expecting a beautiful experience but in the end, all expectations will probably be blown away.

Peace to you all.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My son and I (Peruvian) will be doing El Camino on the second half of May and we are open to all of the recommendations. we would like to walk as close as possible to 100 kms. to get our certificate, in one week. we were recommended by a friend to do the Portuguese coastal way and I would like to know if we can start at any point, like take a bus to a town that is 100 kms from Santiago. I know we are not supposed to carry much weight, we think we will be walking 20 kms a day approximately but whenever we get tired we can do less. Thanks for all your tips.

A lovely place to start is at Sarria on the Frances if you want lovely scenery and good facilities. It is one of the most heavily used routes but I never had problems finding a place to stay and the people were never a distraction for me.

Whichever way you go you will love The Way. Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back