• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino First day - St Jean to Roncesvalles - Live

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Sil, I don't know how you do it...but you find the best blogs to read!! Thanks again for allowing me to continue on the road...at my desk...on a lovely summer day...I gotta find a way out!! Oh wait...it is lunch time..See Ya! Karin :D

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I LOVED the way this girl described her walk from St Jean: (She is in Sarria now so you can read all about her trip up until now.)

My guidebook referred to the first day as a ¨baptism of fire.¨ but it´s really not that bad. Which is to say that being baptised in fire (then having the fire put out with acid, and then being punched in the throat by your grandmother) wouldn´t be as bad as climbing those mountains this morning.
But then something magic happens. You turn around and look down the mountain you just climbed, and see all the sheep and tiny fairytale houses and it´s magnificent. Which is handy, because you can pretend to be stopping because you´re wowed by the scenery, when really you´re just trying to stop the heart attack that´s already in progress.
BUT I SWEAR I HAVEN´T EVEN CRIED A LITTLE BIT YET! So basically the trip is already a success.

Wonderful turn of phrase - and I especially enjoyed her post on getting lost:

Lessons learned today:
1. The easy path and the right one are not always going to be the same thing.
2. I should never be trusted to find anything.
3. Seriously, never follow me anywhere.
4. No, really. I'm an idiot with directions.

P.S. Dad, relax. I'm fine. I made it here.

http://whatcolourisyourhairshirt.blogsp ... arria.html

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back