• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino First meal in Spain

Just attended 1200 Pilgrims Mass. Because you’re in line for Mass does not mean you will get in. There is limited seating and some folks just want to see the Cathedral and not attend Mass. I made it to within 10 folks of entering when the guard said no more room. Apparently, an announcement is made and those in seats not there for Mass were asked to depart. I entered as those extra folks departed. So get in the que early. 90 minutes is not an exaggeration. Of course, the earlier Masses 07:30/09:30 May have more availability.
On COVID-19 tests. They are not difficult to find, if you know a contact. I used JT. He is recommended by several Forum members such as Sybille. Made my appointment, took me to the hospital and waited on the results. A class act!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Glad you were able to attend the Pilgrim's Mass at the Cathedral! Ann and I gave thanks at morning Mass for your successful and safe Camino! Enjoy your time in Santiago!

Well, I arrived home in Virginia late Tuesday.
Ive delayed any comment thinking there might be a difference from past experiences once off the Camino.
Yes and no!
Initially, I felt little change. No relief it was over. No feeling of loss. No need to screw my “normal” head back on straight.
Then, about 02:00 this morning, it hit like a ton of bricks. I was home, in my bed, my dog Raider at my side and I didn’t need to think about where I’d walk today, whom I might see again today, or if a cerveza for lunch would be good today.
Raider grunted when I pushed him away. My internal clock was still on Camino time and it is time to get going. NO I Don’t!
The realization I am off the Way is settling in.
I was numb when my friend Mac ( and Raider) picked me up at Dulles. I drove the two hours back to the farm, but remember little of it.
I was at Church the next morning now aware a good friend had passed away a few hours earlier. She is sorely missed among those welcoming me back.
I was cordial, but really not in the mood to answer Camino questions. That should have been the indicator the Camino isn’t finished with me yet. It still wants to maintain a semblance of immediacy in my daily life.
It is good to be back.
Until next time!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Well, I arrived home in Virginia late Tuesday.
Ive delayed any comment thinking there might be a difference from past experiences once off the Camino.
Yes and no!
Initially, I felt little change. No relief it was over. No feeling of loss. No need to screw my “normal” head back on straight.
Then, about 02:00 this morning, it hit like a ton of bricks. I was home, in my bed, my dog Raider at my side and I didn’t need to think about where I’d walk today, whom I might see again today, or if a cerveza for lunch would be good today.
Raider grunted when I pushed him away. My internal clock was still on Camino time and it is time to get going. NO I Don’t!
The realization I am off the Way is settling in.
I was numb when my friend Mac ( and Raider) picked me up at Dulles. I drove the two hours back to the farm, but remember little of it.
I was at Church the next morning now aware a good friend had passed away a few hours earlier. She is sorely missed among those welcoming me back.
I was cordial, but really not in the mood to answer Camino questions. That should have been the indicator the Camino isn’t finished with me yet. It still wants to maintain a semblance of immediacy in my daily life.
It is good to be back.
Until next time!
Thank you so much for all your posts from the Camino. This is the time of year that my husband and I have done all our pilgrimages and I am feeling very nostalgic for the way. Time for all the fall garden cleanup here in northern British Columbia as well as Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend so I will be too busy to do much complaining! Welcome back and I hope you find joy in being home.

Arn,

Glad to learn that you are safely home.
It was a pleasure to follow your posts and to think of where you were and what you might see.

Be well and as always, Ultreia.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Arn - thank you for sharing your camino with us all. I’ve loved the thread and have drooled over the always delicious-looking food in some of the photos and enjoyed all your photos.

Whilst writing, I send my heartfelt thanks to you once again for the Rosary you said in Burgos for Bob, our niece’s father-in-law. It means more than words can say. Sue, his widow, is doing OK but naturally, her grief, and that of Bob’s close family, is still raw. In a recent note to me Sue wrote that her church family have flooded her with prayers and support - she’s blessed to have this, together with the loving support of her family.

I completely ‘get’ the numbness you’ve felt on your return home - How about getting out on some local trails - initially to process the experiences you had on this camino - to reflect - and then to plan and train for your next camino.

Best wishes from Oz -

Jenny

I'm sorry that the Spain portion of the Camino is done, for the time being. I've enjoyed hearing about it.

Thank you very much for your intercessions for my friend Lis. She has one more session of chemo left, though each has affected her progressively worse. But her tumor is no longer showing up on scans - and that happened after I asked for your help. I am grateful for your intercession. May your transition to "normal" life be smooth, Arn.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I'm sorry that the Spain portion of the Camino is done, for the time being. I've enjoyed hearing about it.

Thank you very much for your intercessions for my friend Lis. She has one more session of chemo left, though each has affected her progressively worse. But her tumor is no longer showing up on scans - and that happened after I asked for your help. I am grateful for your intercession. May your transition to "normal" life be smooth, Arn.
I am deeply moved and humbled to believe I may have been used as an instrument in the Grace available to all that believe. God love you and yours.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back