• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First nights accomadation booked in SJDP.

milesaway

Have just booked our first night accomadtion at the l Espiit du Chemin in SJDP. for the 22 May, they have been very helpful. We are counting down 60 days until we start on the Camino, our training is well underway and we are getting very excited.
We are coming from Perth Western Australia and wondering if any one else reading this form is starting around this dates....... :S

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I stayed there in september,it was fantastic.The communal meal was great and a fabulous way to get to know fellow pilgrims who will be walking the same route as you.Also breakfast was awesome and the packed lunch was just what was needed especialy half way up the mountain.Enjoy it and and have a very safe and enjoyable journey

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello Milesaway: I also have a reservation at L'Esprit du Chemin for Tuesday, May 22nd. I will be starting my camino the following day, so I look foward to saying hello to you. I am getting in on the evening train to St. Jean Pied de Port so I will just make dinner. The plan is to walk to Santiago and then on to Finnisterre and then to Muxia before going home. Best wishes to you on your journey.

Hello Jemitch, look forward to meeting you, yes we plan to make it as far as Finnisterre if time permits. We are trying to fit in as much training as possible between now and then. Have learnt so much from this form, it's been a great help.......Sue

Hi, I am planning on walking the Camino in July and August coming from California. Could you tell me the cost of your overnight stay there? Did you fly in to Bilbao then take a bus to San Sebastian and then train it to Pied? I haven't booked a flight yet as it seems so complicated!!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
californiasusan said:
Hi, I am planning on walking the Camino in July and August coming from California. Could you tell me the cost of your overnight stay there? Did you fly in to Bilbao then take a bus to San Sebastian and then train it to Pied? I haven't booked a flight yet as it seems so complicated!!!
I also fly from California. This summer will be my 3rd Camino. The first time I flew to Paris and then Biarritz for the Camino Frances in '05. In '10, I did the Camino Norte and flew to Madrid, then San Sebastian. This June I fly to London and then Biarritz as I return to the Frances. This route seemed to work perfectly for me in both time and cost. Please ask if you have any questions.

Keep a smile,
Simeon

Oops, I forgot! I also stayed at Espirit de Chemin in '05 and will return this summer. What a wonderful way to start the Camino! I missed the communal dinner the first time, but will be sure to enjoy in June. Fully excited!

Also flying in in June (mid) tried to book his place but they refused me as I woulndn't be in time for dinner, so just gonna go to the pilgrimsoffice and wing it from there...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Simeon, did you do the Heathrow to Stansted by bus, Ryanair to Biarritz connect? I will arrive at Heathrow on May 10th at 7:40 am, catch a bus that arrives at Stansted Airport at !0:55am and try to make a Ryanair flight leaving at 12:15. Doable, but kind of tight.

rickster said:
Simeon, did you do the Heathrow to Stansted by bus, Ryanair to Biarritz connect? I will arrive at Heathrow on May 10th at 7:40 am, catch a bus that arrives at Stansted Airport at !0:55am and try to make a Ryanair flight leaving at 12:15. Doable, but kind of tight.
Yes, that is the idea. I will arrive at LHR and catch the National Express Bus to STN. From there will fly Ryan Air to Biarritz. Sounds like the same plan. I think you'll have plenty of time if arrive STN by 11:00.

Exciting isn't it?!

Hi Milesaway:

My son and I are from upstate New York and will be one day behind you at the same hostel in SJPP. We have also made reservations at the Orrison albergue for the following night. We'll keep our eyes open for an Aussie.

Buen Camino.

Scotiapilgrim

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back